Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

Diggy POV

The next day, I couldn't bring myself to face Roger, nor could I talk to the girls. I just want to be alone before we leave back to NJ in two days. So at eight am, long before Roger wakes up, I got up got dressed, left my phone and everything unimportant in my room except an iPod touch for music and headphones.

At first all I did was walk. The weather wasn't as humid and sticky as it is in the middle of the day, which I am thankful for. The sidewalks were emptier too, and I basked in my correct decision to leave the tour bus. I had the hood of my hoodie over my head because last thing I want is to sign any autographs.

As I walked, I thought about my career and everything else in my life that wasn't the girl that I continue to fall for. As if that helped.

I miss her. As weird as that may sound, I miss talking to her until my fingers cramped up and until I was hearing her soft snoring on the other line of my phone. Just like her mom had said to her, you have to see more in your significant other than just 'She's a great girl'. And I do. She's the most amazing person I have ever met and I'm just so torn between telling her or letting her be.

I spot a Starbucks a couple blocks down and I decided that I was going to sit and order something to drink. I picked a seat outside, and a Starbucks waiter came over to take my order.
Don't ask, I guess that's how they do it here and I barely care.

"Good morning may I take your order?"
I looked straight. Not at the waiter. Over the heads sitting outside as well then flipped through the green menu book in front of me, not reading, just flipping.
"Three Vanilla Bean Frappuccino's, Trenta please."
"I'm sorry did you say three?"
"Yes."
"Okay. Name?"
"Daniel."
"Thanks. Nothing to eat?"
"No." I haven't had an appetite since I came here.
"Are you sure? We have a special on our cinnamon-"
I shook my head and waited for him to leave.
When I heard his footsteps soften from distance, I slouched in my chair. I just want to find something to get me to stop feeling this way and I know it's not my favourite drink from Starbucks. I want to be hype, enjoyable Diggy again, not this person I've seem to adapt to. In other words, I want to get over her.

I want to not care about what she did last night, who she's talking to etc. I at least want to be able to delete our text messages, but fuck that I re-read some of them every second night.
She's dating someone else, Dig.
Get that through your head now and don't let this girl get you fucked up!

I sighed loudly and slid my hood off the top of my head. I crossed my arms sitting impatiently for my drinks.

"Here you go man," my waiter set the drinks on a holding tray in front of me. I looked up at him for the first time. "Thanks."
"No problem, hey aren't you-"
I nodded casually.
He gave me a weird once over, and then pulled back. "Alright well, enjoy your drinks."
"Thanks." I called to his back since he was walking away quickly.

I held the Starbucks cup in my hand trying my best to think about its warmth.

Forget about her, Diggy.
There will be other girls.
Other Ms.Anonymous'.

I turned the cup in my hands. My eyes fell on my name, that was written in blue sharpie. There was no swirl on the non existent K, but I already knew who wrote this, by the drop of my heart.

I can recognize her writing anywhere.

I looked up, at the exact same time she was walking towards me. She was smiling. Damn, her smile is beautiful. I forced myself to grin and control the blood rush in my body.