Hogwarts and a Hat

I'm finally here, at the place that will build my future up to what I might become as a witch. I didn't notice at first but Rose and I were clinging to one another's arm in both fear and excitement, I didn't know if it would be rude to let go or not so I loosened my grip until it looked like I had let go unknowingly.

I started to bite my lip hard so hard I didn't even notice I was doing it.

"Woah, Vivian, stop biting your lip." Albus said, I quickly realised that my lip had started to bleed a little. I turned around and used wandless magic to make it stop, but I kept the mark there so that no one would notice.

"I'm going to find my brother, but I'll ride the lake with you guys." I informed everyone as I searched for my brother.

"Scorp!" I called when I saw my brother. He turned around smiling at me.

"Vee!" He acknowledged.

" You nervous?" I asked

"Yeah, I'm sure you know why." We both knew why, we both had the same fear, we want to live up to our parent's expectations.

I nodded. "Anyways, I just wanted to make sure you were okay, I'm just going to go ride with some other people.

"Okay." He said. But regardless we captured eachother in a hug. "Good luck." We both said at the same time. A giggle escaped my lips and I walked back to my, I guess, new friends.....Wow.....I have friends. That's new.

We rode canoes over the lake, the half-giant I knew to be Hagrid leading us there. At first everyone had trouble at our boat, it kept on going in circles. I decided to use magic to make it stop, which put a bit of a drain on me, my father said I shouldn't use it too often. It may be dangerous. I mentally cursed a bit and vowed to myself not to use wandless magic for the rest of the night.

Once we got up to the castle Hagrid introduced us to Mr.Longbottom, some kids snickered at his name but I realised Rose,Albus and I were the noticeable ones who did not. He looked at us gratefully and then waved at my friends who obviously knew him, he is Harry Potter's friend after all. He looked at me a bit in confusion, I did look out of place with them, no doubt, but he smiled at me anyways.

"Hello, and welcome to Hogwarts, School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, as you all know I am Proffesor Longbottom, I am the Herbology Teacher here. Now, here your house is like your family, you have house points, points are added for good behavior, taken away for breaking of the school rules. The houses are of course, HufflePuff, Ravenclaw, Gryffindor, and Slytherin I will take you into the dining hall where you will be sorted into your house by the Sorting Hat. Once you have been sorted, you will receive your tie and you may go ahead and sit with your house." Mr.Longbottom concluded

I held my breath at the sound of the word Sorting, I did not know for sure if I was to be put into Slytherin, I don't even know which house I belong in, I want desperately to be in Slytherin like my family, but what if that is just not me?

"Without further delay, let the sorting begin." He said smiling.

We walked into the Dining Hall, which had a look of the night sky, dazzling lights of stars shining above. I looked at the beauty in awe. But around sat chattering kids at each table, a banner dangling over indicating which house the table belonged to, my eyes lingered over at the sight of Slytherin, but shook it away when Professor Longbottom started to speak.

"I will now have the sorting hat put you in your houses." He declared, the sorting hat started to sing, but I didn't pay attention to the words, my mind was off elsewhere thinking about what it would be like in each house. My attention went back when prof. Longbottom called out the first name, " Celia Aviott." a girl went up to the stool with a look of sheer terror on her face, it took about 10 seconds before the hat declared, "Ravenclaw." The Ravenclaws cheered, I payed attention as each person was sorted, some taking longer than others, then, "Albus Potter." Albus squeezed my shoulder and went up, I heard him gulp. The sorting hat was placed on his head and after about three minutes, his face getting pale, then normal, terrified then a little happy, "Gryffindor!" I cheered for him, he wanted to be in Gryffindor so bad.