Cantankerous Demons

This story was written at least three years ago.  Maybe a little earlier or later than that.  (I hope my writing has improved at least a little...) :S

Prologue:

I have crimson hair; it’s probably darker than or the same color as human blood. It lays flat on my back, and is a very deep color, which goes good with my eyes, I think. My eyes are a deep blue, deeper blue than when you look up at the sky on a cloudless day. They are dark denim blue, but lighter.

My lips are a dark pink; and on a good day, they turn red, probably as red as my hair on my best days. But, I don’t have best days anymore. A year ago; my father died from the most deadly creature in the universe. I was only sixteen when that happened. Now I am seventeen, and it is hard to forget the incident.

My father had carrot hair. It was a light orange color, well, probably red, but a very light red. His eyes had smiling wrinkles in the corner, if you know what I mean. The color of his eyes was jade, maybe the most pure jade in the whole universe.

You could find him anywhere in a huge crowd. Just look at everyone’s hair and eyes. He was the only one with the lightest red hair on the planet, and he was the only one with jade for his color of eye.

My mother, on the other hand, has the blackest hair in the universe. No one could beat it, I bet. Her eyes are the color of a late sunset. It swirls with pink and blue and white, on a bad day, and on a good day, her eyes swirl with reds and oranges, and other deeper colors. She hasn’t had a good day in a long time. Her eyes are grey and black. They do not swirl anymore.

I guess I should tell you about my dad’s accident. You know, there are good creatures on this earth, but mostly the ones that can disappear and reappear are bad ones. The ones that look like crystal, Demons, are skeletons. They are cantankerous and dangers. They carry red swords that turn blue when there’s a victim that says they can be defeated. The only Demons that want a real fight will go for the red victims. Demons can disappear when ever they want to, and reappear in different spots.

My dad was growing old, and his carrot hair was graying. The Demon was very young and didn’t know how to fight well. He was looking for an easy target, and he found on. My dad. He began the fight and walked away unscathed. My dad didn’t have a sword with him, but he did have a dagger. He fought as well as he could, and the Demon didn’t even care that another person was with him. He was about to go for me, but my dad was about to kill it for almost killing me. It was the worst thing I had ever seen in my life. My dad was dying, his violet blood was spreading across the floor… and right when his last breath came out, and not back in, I knew that the Demon would be back for me. So I ran as far as I could, without stopping, and knew that the Demon would find me and I would have to be ready.

A/N: Good?  Bad?  Tell me what you think!  Thanks!  Also, that's a pretty weird title, don't you think? lol