28: Motivation

-          Taylor       -

“Four days till the event” Nathan starts, as he paces in front of the desks that we are sat at.

We’re back in the room where he had the written examination; not yesterday, but the day before.

“You all know what is going to happen, so I don’t need to go into detail” I can tell that he isn’t going into much detail because he doesn’t want to and if this was Max he would be telling us every little detail about it. “The location of the event is classified and only people who are very high up know it. It could be anywhere in any type of situation”

“Is it going to be somewhere in the real world or is it going to be somewhere where X has created?” David asks; which is a question that had come to my mind.

Nathan smirks at this question, “In the real world?” He raises an eyebrow and he holds back a laugh. “You’re in the real world, this isn’t fantasy”

“You know what I mean” David adds with a stern expression.

“You do know that you’re still on earth, don’t you?” I feel rather intimidated; this is a side that I don’t like to Nathan; he’s good at intimidating people and he knows it. “You’re just in the countryside, so David if you did manage to escape, you’d have to go through the electric barbed wire and then you’d be stranded in the middle of nowhere”

“Do people ever find this place?” David asks, he might of spoke nothing, but nonsense the past two days, but he hasn’t had an injection today and he’s asking things that I would.

Nathan nods, “If guards see people approaching they have to see what action is being taken and then that decides on what happens, but either way they are killed”

“What do you mean it depends on what action is being taken?” Alfie asks. I turn to look at him, as I never expected him to start ask questions.

“Well, the person could either walk away, but there is no chance that they would walk away and not tell anyone what they saw, so to stop the word getting out the guards have to kill them-“

“But I thought the police knew about this place, so what would it matter if they went to police?” David cuts in; even with no injections he’s still being rude.

“Only certain officers know about it; they aren’t going to tell everyone as soon as they get into the force, are they?” Nathan asks sarcastically, “Anyway let me continue, if the person who finds this place tries to get through the wire they will get electrocuted; don’t ask what voltage the wires are because I can’t remember, but they’re very high”

“Does that happen a lot?” Jodie asks. I still can’t believe that they’re speaking and asking questions to Nathan; it must be because it’s obvious that the side we saw to Nathan at the beginning wasn’t his true self, as that side didn’t last long.

Nathan shrugs, “I’m not sure, as it’s not something that I get told; the guards sort it”

“I didn’t know there are guards” David says.

Nathan nods, “Of course there are; it would be stupid not to have any”

“You never answered my first questions” David says, “About the location of the event”

“Well it is impossible to create a world” Nathan answers with a shrug, “But the security is increased and the process is complicated”

“Well we’ve got all day, so feel free to explain” I thought things between Nathan and David were starting to cool down, but they both seem to winding each other up... maybe it’s a man thing.