Original Edition: Chapter 7

"I'll turn that maybe into a hell yes,"

SHE USED TO GO TO THE SAME SCHOOL AS VLADIMIR

SHE USED TO GO TO THE SAME SCHOOL AS VLADIMIR. And I thought they were dating or something based on her jealous tone. "Emily," I greeted her and forced a smile to form on my lips. "It's nice to see you again."

She blinked, clearly didn't expect me to recall who she was. "Pleasure." She said it without care.

"How're you? I didn't expect to see you here," I started the bull crap conversation, hoping it'd ease her up so she wouldn't kill me in my sleep.

"Why?" Her tone was harsh and her beautiful blue eyes were narrowed. She looked anything but friendly. "You didn't expect me to live the Court life?" Giving me a cold stare, she added with an icy tone. "Or you didn't expect me to work as a maid?"

Okay, that's it. I tried to be nice to her yet she kept throwing me daggers. Decided there was no use playing nice, I threw both hands in the air. "Okay. That's it. I don't want you as my personal maid," I walked towards the door. "I need to find Fidelia and tell her exactly that."

My hand was about to touch the door handle when it swung opened and I stumbled backward. Every time I saw his face, I always felt happy and the connection was even stronger now that he was in the same room as I was. "Vlad," my whole face lit up and I could see that so did his.

He laced his arms around my waist and kissed the top of my head. "Avy," he murmured against my hair. I smiled knowing he was using the old nickname he'd given me. Long before this whole royalty bullshit was going on.

"V-Vladimir." Oh shit! I almost forget the bitch in the house!

Vladimir pulled away to look into my eyes. What bitch? His face looked damn confused until he shifted his gaze and saw the caller, Emily. I could feel his body tense and his jaw clenched as he fully realized who was standing a few feet away from us.

"It's been a long time," there was something apologetic in the way she said those words, one that made me turn and face her. Sure enough, guilt mixed with regret was all over her face.

I had never seen Vladimir being mean to anyone. Ever. So excuse me if I was busy collecting my jaw on the floor when he said his response, "What are you doing here? Get your job done, the lady is waiting." I nudged his ribs but it seemed like he didn't feel anything and I sorta regret doing so because his muscles felt as hard as rocks.

Pain and hurt flashed on the blonde's face, she looked like she was about to cry and I fought the urge to step forward and give her a hug because she looked like she might need one. She looked down and let out a sigh before glancing up and shot me daggers, reminding me that she was a foe, not a friend.

"My apologies, my Lord," Emily forced a smile. "I will get it done right away, Lord Ambrosia." She curtsied and walked away.

Poor Rachel was clearly dumbfounded as her eyes went wide, witnessing the whole ordeal. I removed my hands from Vlad and walked to her. "Don't worry," I put one hand on her shoulder, bringing her back to reality. She blinked a few times. "I'm usually not that bitchy."

Rachel giggled and I let out the breath I didn't realize I was holding. "She's a bitch alright, it's not your fault, my Lady." I smiled and she returned my smile with her bright smile.

Now it's official! I really like this girl! Rachel curtsied and left the room, telling me that she would heat up the water for the bath.

Not more than me, right I felt his arms as he hugged me from behind.

I turned around and his arms moved to my back. "Maybe," I wiggled my brows and laughed. Vladimir pulled me closer until our bodies met.

He gave me a mischievous smile. "I'll turn that maybe into a hell yes," he said as he leaned down to bring his lips to mine.