Best friends

Shawn's Pov

I couldn't stop looking at her, the way she threw her head back and covered her mouth when she laughed at my corny jokes,or the way she scrunched up her nose when she's mad at something. I was so in love with yn and there was no way to hide it from her anymore. Today was the day that I told my best friend yn that I love her. It could go two ways. Number 1 she tells me she's in love with me too or number 2 it gets awkward and she avoids me for the rest of her life. I'm hoping for the first one. I got up and walked over to yn and stop her in the middle of her sentence by kissing her surprisingly she kissed back. I could say the kiss was exactly how I imagined it to be but it was way more.

The whole world faded out and everything seemed possible at that moment. The amount of strength her kiss gave me was so surreal. I gave in to my desires. I just wanted to taste her kiss, feel her lips. I forgot how to breathe. I forgot where I was. I forgot who I was and why I was ever so scared to make a move on this beautiful girl. Instead I remembered why she meant so much to me. Her sinfully perfect lips became number one in my list. It felt like we kissed for a lifetime, for years but I knew it couldn't have been more than a minute.

She pulled away first and I finally came out of my daze.
We both stared at each other breathless. She bit her lip and my eyes were immediately drawn to them. I almost leaned over to reconnect our mouths, almost.

"Shawn" She whispered but then stopped herself. I knew her well enough to know that she didn't know what to say or whatever she was going to say wasn't gonna be good.

I looked down at her and everything that just happened flashed past me. I knew that there was no going back from that and I was never big enough to let this happen. I quickly pushed myself up from on top of her and grabbed my jacket from the edge of her bed before rushing out of her house. Nobody stopped me.

That thought remained in my mind as I got into my car, started it up and made my way home.'She didn't stop me'

She called me over to hang out like usual. We sat on her bed and chatted like usual. I kissed her but she didn't stop me. She kissed back. When the kiss was over I was too much of a punk to stick around for the outcome of my actions. So, I ran. She still didn't stop me. As I left her, I thought maybe just maybe i'm not fucking everything up. When I got home, I went straight to my room and threw myself on the bed.

I just kissed my best friend and she didn't even stop me.

Yn Pov
I sat on the edge of my bed thinking about how Shawn and I just kissed and how I didn't stop him from running out on me. I was just so shocked and lost for words to do anything, now he probably thinks I don't like him,ugh.What do I say, what do I do 🤦🏽‍♀️?

A Week Later

I was walking down the aisle in the market looking for some double chocolate krave cereal (my fav cereal btw😂) when I bumped into someone and fell, I looked up and it was Shawn.

We stared at each other for what seemed like forever until I broke the silence "hey can you help me up"

"sure" he said. He grabbed my  hand and pulled me up.

"so...how have u been" I awkwardly asked to break the ice.

"um, to be honest I've really missed you...look I get if you don't feel the same about-"

I cut him off shaking my head
"I do feel the same about you and I shouldn't have let you run out on me. I just couldn't put into words how I felt about you, I was scared"

"There's nothing to be scared about. I'm here for you and I will protect you, from everything. Yn,I love you"

I smile feeling my eyes starting to tear up. "I love you too."

Shawn pulls me in and kissed me with so much love and passion it felt like I was in a fairytale. Later on that day we watched our favorite movies and ate our favorite snacks as I cuddled into his chest.