Chapter 4: Locker door smash

The flight land in Miami and I unlock my seat belt and stands up to take my backpack but an other pair of hands gets first and looking over my shoulder with scared wide eyes I see Mason standing there smiling at me. I tries to take the bag from him but he just step out of reach and throw up his own and Daisy's backpacks on his back before walking out of the plane. I stares after him and then I hear a lightly laugh. Looking down on the seat beside mine I see Daisy siting there watching me. Confused I look around and Daisy stands up from her location and smiles widely toward me.

"You would never get Mason to let you carry your own backpack!" She says and shakes her head a little. I lick my dry lips and then follow her out of the plane, she walks directly up to Mason and kiss him lovely on his cheek and they turn to look at me with happiness in their eyes. I just don't get it. Why would they even want me? I'm almost an adult.. I'm 17 years old not some cute little kid. Why the hell did they adopt me? Is this some kind of sick joke? I uncertain starts to walk toward them but stops some steps away and they smile and starts to walk beside me. I feel completely lost. How big can a airport be? Hell, I can't even imagine a bigger pla..

"Noah?" A nicely voice interrupts my thoughts and I snap my head up to see that we are right in front of the glass doors that leads out from the airport. I look up at Mason who is the one speaking to me.

"Yeah?" I whisperer quietly and he smiles a bit.

"I was saying that our oldest son Hunter is coming to pick us up. Are you fine?" He says kindly and I nod and tries to smile but I think it comes out like a grimace so I stop right away.

"I.. I don't like to talk.." I say like some kind of lame explanation to my behavior. Daisy just nods and takes my hand to lightly squeeze my hand in some kind of comfort. I silently wish for her not to let go, but of course she doesn't know and takes her hand away from mine and smiles up to Mason. I can almost smell the love in the air. Gosh.. I shake my head to clear it. Right then a lime green hummer rolls up beside the sidewalk and the driver honks two times before the door slides open and a guy with brown tousled hair, dark blue green eyes and a muscular but even so slim body. I hastily looks away and just stand there looking on the ground and awkwardly stares holes in the asphalt.

"Hunter! You're finally home!" The woman says all so happy and I hear the boy laugh lightly at his mother. Mason lay the bags in the trunk of the lime green car when he turns around and sees me standing there. I tries to be so small as possible but Mason smiles a sweet smiles and lays his right arm over my shoulders.

Mason's P.O.V:

I throw in the bags into the trunk of Hunter's car before looking up and seeing that Noah is standing behind Daisy and Hunter that is in a deep conversation, when she sees my gaze she let her shoulders sink down bending her head down and hugging herself, almost like she wants to disappear. I walk up to her and lays my arm over her shoulders and taking her a bit closer to Hunter and Daisy. Then I smiles widely and clears my throat. Daisy blush a little and Hunter finally looks up to look at the girl beside me. He smiles widely, showing of his white teeth and Noah moves shyly under my arm. She cast me a glare and I gives her a big smile.

"Hunter, this is Noah Winters your new sister, Noah this is our oldest son Hunter!" I say and Noah slowly nods and Hunter smiles a little foolish and then takes Noah's small hand with one of his bigger ones. I smiles at him and then I remember that Noah said she doesn't like to talk.

"Hey Noah! He says and when she doesn't say anything he take a look at me. I mouth 'Don't talks' to him he smiles a little and tries a new tactic.

"Do you know what?" He says and when she shakes her head with a little of an curious glint in her eyes Hunter continues. "I have always wanted a little sister, someone I could protect with out getting a locker door smashed into my face." Hunter smiles and Noah actually smiles an little smile.