after kevin

hey this a little bit of a story that i have been writing, let me know what you think and if i should continue. thanks!!!

“ I miss you Kevin,” I told him, holding switching the receiver to my right hand.

“I know, Anna, but this is how things need to be,” he stopped, “at least for now,”

“but why?” I knew I was whining, but there was no other way to convey my feelings, on how he just disappeared from the physical world.

“Because, I need to be alone, I need to figure things out,”

I sighed. “are you okay?”

“Yes,” he answered, voice thick and tired, making ‘yes’ and obvious lie.

“Where are you, please, tell me,”

“Anna, I can’t but remember, I’ll always love you,”

the dial tone mocked me. It told me that everything that Kevin had ever told me was a lie.

It said so much, but most of all Kevin was not okay.

I hung up, eager to call him again- but my phone rang.

“Hello?”

 “Anna?” a voice asked.

“Yes…”

“It’s Carson,” the voice said, cold and numb.

“Carson?” I was still confused; I’ve never met a Carson in my life.

“Carson Daly, Kevin’s brother,”

“oh,” I answered, “he calls you waffles,”

Carson forced a laugh. “Yeah, he called me waffles,” 

“Is Kevin okay, I mean I just hung up with him?”

“ he recorded it, a timed message, knew what you’d ask, when, he’s dead, Anna"