Drown Out (Jordan Sweeto)

Sorry I haven't updated in quite awhile. Here's a new update. If you don't know who this is about, well, he's a youtuber and he sings. Feel free to replace his name with any other person of your choosing if you'd prefer it not be about him .xx

Sorry it's sort of crappy and about any errors like capitalization or spelling. x

___________

"Come on!" My friend Stacy pulled me along as we maneuvered our way through the crowd of people at the entrance of fair.

Stacy had brought me to the fair to rid me of my self pity. I had recently separated from a relationship that was all too unhealthy for me. Stacy knew this and she wanted to cheer up my spirit. She had insisted that I go to the fair with her today and there was no use in arguing. 

As we entered I noticed the fair was complete with silly stands, photo-booths, music, and rides galore. As much as I had recently dreaded coming, maybe this wouldn't be such a bad thing.

"Where should we go?" She looked at me intently still holding my hand. She was the touchy type when it came to showing who she cared for and loved. 

I pointed up to the ferris wheel and we were on our way. I wasn't much for talking alot, I guess you could say I was the shy type. Only every so often if something really spoke to me or got to me would I be verbal about it. Basically only the things worth putting my two cents in about otherwise I wouldn't bother with wasting my breath.

When we got in line there were two obnoxious boys in front of us. I stared at them intently trying to figure out what they were trying to do. One of the boys in particular was holding up a camera and filming himself with his friend. Was this for his own entertainment later or was he going to post it to the internet? To say the least his peculiar attitude and doings peeked my interest so I continued to watch him.

"Durr-gaburrrg" He spoke up to the camera and crossed his eyes, sticking out his tongue. "Oh, the memories!" He began to smile widely as his other friend cracked a laugh.

Was he insane? What was a durr-gaburrrg? He had a nice smile, but I still thought he had completely gone mad.

The line inched forward slowly filing everyone into the big buckets that could fit at least four people, two facing two. Stacy completely knocked me out of my thoughts when I saw that I had about five feet between me and the boys in front of us.

I blinked a few times and smiled shyly letting out a laugh, "Whoopsies."

She laughed at me and we finally got to the front of the line. Lucky for us we got stuck with the two weirdos ahead of us. Stacy smirked playfully at me and nudged my ribs with her elbow. 

"What?!" I whisper-yelled at her as we sat together on one side of the bucket facing the other two boys. she just gave me the look. Was I suppose to understand what she meant? Because I didn't.

I watched as the two boys snickered at each other and filmed themselves. One of the boys smiled over at us and pointed the camera at Stacy and I.

"What's your names?" He grinned enthusiastically. 

Stacy grinned back excitedly and waved, "I'm Stacy!"

My eyes widened a bit and I looked down as he directed the camera at me. I bit my lip and looked back up a him nervously mumbling my name.

He seemed to chuckle at my response and turned off his camera, "Camera shy?"

"She's shy all the time!" Stacy laughed.

I narrowed my eyes at her and whacked her up-side the head. "Stacy!" I groaned.

The ride began to carry us up. "So what are your names?" I asked in return.