Chapter One: From Bad to Worse

Peters was not having the best Thursday. He had started his day waking up with a raging headache. Stumbling over the mess in his room, trying to find his new glasses, which were missing from his bedside table where they should have been.

Chasing a stolen car caused Peter to come back from patrol a lot later than he would have liked, causing him to stay up later to complete his homework and assignments that were due the following day – he must have misplaced his glasses at some point after completing homework, between the tired journey from his desk to his bed.

The search for his glasses were making him increasingly late for school as the minutes passed and he eventually had to ask Aunt May to come in and help him locate the missing glasses for him.

They were under his bed.

ººº

He missed the subway train he would usually take to school because of the morning misadventure and had to wait for the next one, which made him late, and by the time he had gotten to school, his first class for the day was already well underway meaning he missed homeroom.

Arriving late to class had caused him to gain extra attention from people he was always hoping to avoid. He stumbled through the classroom door of his first class, new glasses slipping down to the tip of his nose, the stack of books Peter was barely holding onto just about to slip out of his hands and fall to the floor.

Everyone in the room were silent as they watched him collect himself, pulling the books up higher against his chest and pushing his glasses back into their proper position. The teacher began telling him off about his lateness as he made his way towards the back of the class where his empty desk sat. Dropping his books down onto the desk and letting his backpack fall of his shoulder as he fell into the plastic chair, Peter let out a heavy sigh, letting his head collapse on top of his stack of books with a soft thump.

ººº

"What made you so late to school today Penis Parker? Huh?" Flash was walking behind him as Peter made his way through the crowd of students towards his locker, trying to avoid the bully. "Working late at that Stark Internship you have, huh?" Flash emphasized on the words Stark Internship while using exaggerated air quotes, "If you know what I mean." Flash's goons snickered behind him. Peter turned around at this comment to stare straight into Flash's eyes, mouth opening to say a retort before he changed his mind, shaking his head and turning back around to continue trying to make his way down the busy hallway towards his locker. "Oi, don't ignore me Penis Parker! Hey!" Peter pushed past students, the speed of his walk increasing as he tried to get far away from Flash's taunting.

When he arrived at his locker, Ned was there waiting for him as usual, leaning against the unoccupied lockers next to Peters.

"Hey Ned," sighing, Peter dropped his backpack onto the floor, opened his locker and began stuffing his books inside, grabbing any books he knew he would need for homework, "How was your last class?"

"Yeah, it was alright Mrs-"

"Penis Parker!" Ned never got to finish his sentence, Flashs name calling interrupting it. Peter breathed out a heavy sigh rolling his eyes shut, closing his locker and letting his head fall onto the door as he locked it.

"Hey, I... I gotta take care of a few things... is it alright if I text you later, after the Stark Internship and all?"

"Are you sure? I can stay as back up you know."

"N-No no, I'll be fine... Well, you know I can kick their buts into next Thursday, but you know... Plus, the last time you came home with a bruise, your mum freaked – and didn't your mum say that she needed you home early today or something?"

"Oh shit, I forgot about that! I gotta run! See ya' Peter! Sorry I can't stay! Text me!" Ned was already jogging out of the schools front doors, throwing peter one last concerned look before he disappeared around the corner.

Suddenly, the strong overpowering stench of men's body spray filled Peter's nose, making him scrunch it up in disgust. This could mean one of two things, he has walked into the cologne section of the pharmacy, or Flash Thompson is right behind him.

"Penis Parker," the name was drawn out in a sneer, "you think you're so smart and cool ignoring me, ha! What a pathetic joke you are!" Flash continued to laugh as Peter turned around to face his bully, shoulder leaning against the lockers.

"Can we wrap this up Flash, I have places to be." Peter's phone vibrated in his jean pocket, undoubtedly an angry text from Happy, who he should be in the car with by now, driving towards Tony's workshop instead of standing in front of Flash.

"You've got your little Stark Internship on this afternoon do you Peter, huh?" Peter didn't reply to the comment, pushing up from the lockers to begin moving away from Flash.

Peter never expected half the violent things Flash did, especially since the boy would usually stick to just name calling, publicly embarrassment, and assaulting Peter verbally. So, when Flash's right fist came up and met with Peters cheekbone, you could say he was shocked, shocked enough to trip over his own feet and send him spiraling to the cold floor. Flash laughed, head falling back before he suddenly stopped and looked around for witnesses. Luckily, for Flash, there were barely anyone around, and for those who were still at their lockers, did not take any notice to Flash's doing.

Peter was still on the floor holding his cheek, and was starting to get up with one elbow placed beneath him, shaking the dizziness from his head, but Flash put a hold to his actions with a kick to Peter's ribs. Peter fell to the floor again with a groan.

Bending over, Flash snatched Peters cracked glasses off his face before dropping them onto the floor next to Peters head and stomping on them. "Guess you won't be needing these. Find you way home now, Puny Parker." Flash stepped over Peter, kicking him ever so slightly so he would fall onto his back and towards the exit of the school.

"Oh come on, I just got those glasses." Peter groaned.