Chapter 8

I didn't speak.
"Lana, what the hell is wrong?" Steven asked, worry starting to register on his face.
I took a deep breath. "My mom..she.."
"She what?"
Steven tried to take the birth certificate out of my hands, but I resisted.
"I can't believe this.." I said, standing up with the certificate, starting to pace.
Steven stood up, and walked around the couch to stop me from pacing again.
His arms wrapping around me barely calmed me down. He brought his hand up to gently push my hair behind my ear.
"What happened? What's on that piece of paper?!"
I was hysterical.
"My mom WAS keeping a huge secret from me..she..how could she.."
Steven gently kissed me. "What is it?!"
"My father...the one I've known my whole life..isn't my real father."
Steven's eyes widened in shock. "Holy shit..then who is?"
I sighed. "Someone named Martin Skye..I don't know if he's even still alive.."
Steven grabbed the certificate out of my hands and looked at it.
"It doesn't say he's deceased..Lana, I think he's still alive.."
I ran my hands through my hair. "I have so many questions..why did she keep him from me? Did it have something to do with my parents' murder? Did my mom cheat, or did she have me before she met my... step-dad?"
I sighed, and Steven gripped my hands.
"Relax, Lana."
I let out a sarcastic chuckle. "How? My last name isn't even mine! It's Skye. My mom kept this a secret for 24 years, technically!"
Steven smiled. "You're still Lana Rose Cooper to me."
I smiled. "Thank you...god..I'm sorry I snapped at you..I just don't know what to do or think right now.."
~~~
Steven's POV

I brought my hand to her cheek, gently rubbing it with my thumb.
"Everything will work out.." I told her.
She sighed. "But why hasn't he tried to get in touch with me??"
"Maybe he doesn't know about you."
She met my gaze. "Maybe...that's possible...but maybe there's more to it.."
"There's always the Internet..something has to come up if you type in his name.."
She smiled up at me. "Yeah, hopefully. I'll do it tomorrow at work.."
I smirked. "Wow, naughty girl.."
Lana blushed. "Oh, stop that.."
I pulled her into me, placing a passionate kiss on her lips.
"Stay awhile.." I said.
"I have to work tomorrow, Steven."
Ignoring her statement, I grabbed her around the waist and pulled her down onto the couch, into my lap.
She turned around, straddling me.
I bit my lip. "You might wanna stop, you're turning me on, and then I'm really not letting you go home."
Lana laughed, rolling off of me.
"Sorry, I would hate to do that."
I laughed. "Lets go on a date tomorrow night."
"When? And where?"
I kissed her nose. "Don't worry about it..just be ready by 7pm. I'll pick you up."
She giggled. "Okay."
I brought her face closer, and kissed her again.
"Dress beautiful."
"Don't I always?" She responded playfully.
I smirked. "Man, you're so fiesty.."
I pulled her into my chest, and kissed her forehead.

I was starting to fall for this girl. Lana is having quite an effect on me. She deserves the best, and I'm gonna give it to her.
~~~