Chapter 10

Damon sits down next to Eric, both with plates full of bacon and eggs. I silently eat my cereal while I sneak a glance. Damon is looking to his right, dazed in his own little world and slowly chewing a piece of bacon. He brings it up to his mouth, holding it there as he swallows his current bite. I watch his neck tighten and relax while the food travels down. His round lips part slightly as he takes another bite.

How does he make eating hot?

I abruptly get up and stalk off, pissed at how easy it is for him and how difficult it will be for me. I understand it's irrational to be mad at such a thing, but I am. Storming into my tent, I sit in the corner and think of what to do.

Rachel peeks her head inside the door, concern etched on her face. She walks towards me and crouches in front.

"I saw you rage off," she says, "I got worried, what's wrong?"

"I don't know..."

"You're an awful liar Scarlett."

"It's just so easy for him!" I blurt out unwillingly.

"Easy?" Rachel looks confused, but then a malicious grin spreads across her freckled cheeks, "you want to impress Damon don't you?"

"Impress isn't the word I was thinking off."

"Oh, so you mean you want to affect him? Make him crazy with desire?"

"No! You make me sound so creepy, Rachel!"

"Oh, you're totally creepy, but totally into Damon. I so told you, like weeks ago so told you." She laughs.

"You think you're hilarious don't you?"

"No, I think I'm right. And I also think I know just how to start off this trail of seduction." She winks at me while she stands.

Rachel walks over to her duffle-bag and rummages through it. A minute later, she picks up something and turns to face me, hiding the object behind her back.

"What do you have?" I ask.

"The perfect 'start'."

She pulls a skimpy black bikini out from behind her. It's triangle cups can barely be considered a top, and it's stringy bottoms look like it'd only come just above my hip bones. My mouth falls in astonishment; that is, astonishment that she thinks I'd actually put this on.

"No way," I state firmly.

"But you have to! It would be perfect!"

I roll my eyes, "I am not going out there in that."

"Oh yes you are, because I want to see the look on Damon's face more than I care about your comfort of wearing this."

She grabs a bottle of water off the small table between our beds, and walks over to my phone plugged into the extendable outlet. I sense her intentions and jump up. She holds the bottle, tilted slightly, over my phone. Freezing my actions, I look up at her.

"You wouldn't dare," I hiss.

"Bet."

A smirk plays across her face as she begins to tilt the bottle further, a little water dripping out and falling besides my phone.

"Okay, okay! I'll wear it!"

"Spectacular!" She yells, throwing the excuses-for-garments at me.

I catch them and huff at her as I commence putting on the embarrassing apparel.

After what seems like an hour of pacing, deciding whether or not this game of mine is worth my dignity, I step out. Rachel is patiently waiting outside the door, and even her eyes widen.