Chapter Five (Final)

"You're father was so stupid," Rosé laughed heartily as she talked to her young daughter.

    Jaehyun feigned hurt, "is that how you talk about your soulmate?"

    "Yeah. It's not like you're gonna leave me anyway," his wife only shrugged, pinching their daughter's cheeks.

    The little girl turned her head to the side, "why was he stupid?"

    "Well, Jae Eun," Rosé started, slightly clearing her throat whilst Jaehyun just merely rolled his eyes, "on our first, official date, he took me to an arcade."

    The little girl became even more confused, "but, mommy, arcades are fun? How is that stupid?"

    "I know arcades are fun, sweetheart. It just would've been better if you're father didn't forget his wallet," she slightly glared at him, "and made me pay for everything."

     "At least it was still fun," he argued back, "at least I fed you."

     "All we ate was some instant ramen you found in the cupboard."

     "We both know we ate well that night," a smirk formed on his lips as he sent a suggestive look to his wife, "or, at least, I did."

     Rosé gasped, covering the young girl's ears, "Jaehyun, not in front of your daughter!"

     "Psh, she doesn't even understand what I was talking about."

     "Not right now, sure, but when she's older and remembers that time when she was seven where her parents were talking about this and that-"

     "Chaeng, you're too paranoid."

     "Well, sorry if I want to keep her innocence intact for as long as possible," she proceeded to take her hands off her daughter's ears and put them on her shoulders, "as I was saying, you're father was stupid."

     "Why are you even asking this conversation with her?" Jaehyun looked between his wife and his daughter with his eyes squinted.

     "Since you were asleep through half of it, we were talking about how we met."

     "Oh, so this isn't a dream? I'm actually married to a beautiful woman like you?"

     "Can you stop being so cheesy, I'm worried it might rub off on your son," Rosé placed her hand on her stomach, rubbing wide circles on it.

     "That's better than my ability rubbing off on him," Jaehyun pressed a hand to her stomach as well, "I don't want him to struggle like I did."

     "He'll get through it. You found me, didn't you?" he looked up at his wife's smiling face, happy that he followed her that day.

     It's been eight years since they met. Jaehyun made an effort to court her while at the same time, trying to convince her family that he wasn't trying to trick her or anything. Rosé's sister, Alice, was the hardest to convince. The girl made him go through the most having done research on the topic of abilities and how they worked. Lie detectors, blood work, and unspeakable tests were only some of the things she him go through. Jaehyun shuddered at the memories, almost convinced that he was now traumatised by his wife's older sister.

     It took a year for him to take Rosé on an official date, which may or may not have led to the creation of their precious daughter, Jae Eun. The pair got married shortly after the baby was born, and now here they were, happier than ever, "whats an ability?" the couple forgot that their daughter had been listening to them. It dawned on them that they haven't explained any of the mechanisms of how the soulmate process worked to their child; it was too soon, ya'know?

     "It's something guys get."

     "Ooh! I want one too!" the little girl exclaimed.

     "Honey, you're not a boy. It's impossible for you to have an ability, quite frankly," they informed.

     Jae Eun frowned, "why not?"

     "It's just the way we're made, I guess. You know, I wanted a- Oh my." Rosé's words came to a halt, a hand pressed firm on her stomach, "honey, my water just broke." Jaehyun's eyes widened; they weren't expecting her to give birth for another two or so weeks.

     He stood up immedietly, holding his wife up by her elbows, "ok, just breathe. I'll get the stuff ready."

     "No need to rush, hon. The miracle of life is a long process," She placed a hand on her back, supporting herself, "Jae Eun go get dressed, we're going to the hospital."

     The little girl asked no questions, obeying her mother instantly.

-----

     "Ma'am, are you doing fine?"

     "Doing just fine. The contractions don't bother me as much after I had my daughter," Rosé was laying in bed, just waiting for life to happen.

     "Well, you're a little over nine centimeters dilated; about one more to go. Do you need us to help with the pain?"

     "No, it's fine. A little bit is good enough," she stood up from the bed, face scrunched up, "let's see if I can get gravity to help me with the last centimeter." the doctor laughed as she excused herself out of the room.

     "Just call us if you need anything," Rosé nodded, hand clutching the side of the bed.

     "Come on, little guy. One more centimeter," she groaned in pain, breathing through her mouth.

     "Why aren't you laying down?" her husband was now standing at the door, plastic bag in hand and little girl on toe.

     "Letting gravity help me out. Should I jump a bit?" she asked, momentarily forgetting about her pain.

     "I really don't think that's a good idea-"

     "I should jump."

     "Wait-" he watched as Rosé hopped up ever so slightly. She winced in pain afterwards, clutching the side of the bed again.

     "I think it worked," she let out heavy breathes in between words and by this point Jaehyun was right next to her. He made a mental note not to let her watch Grey's Anatomy anymore.

     "You need to lay down," he tried coaxing her.

     "And you need to take you're daughter out of here and get me a nurse. You're son is about to he born."

-----

     The couple stared down at the little boy in his mother's hands, "Hello, little Chaeho. It's you're mommy," Rosé shook his tiny hands with her finger, making tiny faces at the sleeping baby.

     "He looks just like JaeEun did."

     "Not to brag, but we have pretty attractive children," she whispered into Jaehyun's ear, earning a slight chuckle.

     "Well, their mother is a literal goddess so I'm not surprised."

     "How do you even keep you're cheesiness intact all these years?"

     "Because my love for you never runs dry," the comment earned him a smack on the shoulder and a look from a nurse.

----

I REALLY WANTED TO END THIS STORY SO SORRY IF THE ENDING SEEMS RUSHED OR HORRIBLE. IT ALWAYS WAS MEANT TO BE ON THE SHORTER SIDE ANYWAY.

UNTIL NEXT TIME,

JAYA.