Shake My Heart

This was my entry for the SeBaek Fic Fest on AFF! I'd like to say thank you to everyone who voted for me! This is the first contest I've ever won in my entire life and it seriously makes me cry!

(༎ຶ⌑༎ຶ)

———————————————————————

===============================

"I've...met someone else...I'm sorry, I don't love you anymore."

===============================

Baekhyun slowly lowered his hand, clutching onto the leftover change the cashier had just given him. The cashier looked at Baekhyun curiously, noticing the sudden look of depression covering his face.

"Are you all right?"

Baekhyun blinked a few times before he forced a smile, "...Yes, sorry. Have a nice day."

Baekhyun quickly tucked the change into his pocket and grabbed his drink, avoiding looking at the cashier again.

"You too." The young man answered before Baekhyun quickly scurried off into the nearby bathroom.

Baekhyun slowly closed the door and clutched onto his drink as he leaned against the wall. He trembled a little, trying his best to fight the deep pain growing inside his chest.

Ever since Baekhyun was young, he possessed the unique ability to see his compatibility with others. When his hand made contact with someone else's, Baekhyun would see a vision in his mind of how the relationship would end if he had chosen to be with that person. It wasn't just a vision however, it was an experience, Baekhyun could feel the emotions that person elicited in him.

Sometimes it would end before it had even started, if there was just no way Baekhyun would ever choose to be with them. The vision he would see would be unrelated to romance, their relationship never becoming anything more than friends or acquaintances.

Sometimes he would see a future where he decided to stay with that person and get married. However, Baekhyun had yet to find someone that made him feel overflowing emotions of love and joy. It was usually a negative vision, showing him the point in their marriage when Baekhyun realized he could have been happier.

Baekhyun was convinced his power was resolute on making sure Baekhyun understood he could find someone better. And so, having this power had caused Baekhyun to become picky. He wasn't content with just an ordinary relationship. He wanted to find the person who made him happiest of all, the person that invoked the spark of life into him that he desired. The person his special ability was trying to help him find.

Unfortunately, for his young age he had already seen a lifetime of failed relationships. He had often wondered how many hands he had shaken in the course of his life. He experienced the way a broken heart felt many times. It was strange, having no actual attachment to the person, and yet the heartbreak was so real. Luckily he had never met someone that made him feel the true depths of heartbreak. The attachment hadn't been strong enough to shock him that badly.

Still, Baekhyun grew weary of touching people's hands. His association with it had been paired too strongly with pain. He made a vow to himself never to touch anyone's hands unless it was absolutely necessary. However, the question always remained in his mind, what if they were the one he had been looking for?