Childhood Memories and New Ones to Come

When I got Leila in the house I had taken her to look at all the kid movies i had. And i had a LOT. Everyone of my childhood favorites were in my collection, along with ones i hadn't seen as a child, I also had all of the newest ones; Tangled, Despicable Me, The Princess and the Frog, you name it.

We were currently snuggled on the couch, half way through a bag of popcorn watching Despicable Me. We were also reciting every line we knew. 

I kept glancing at the time of the movie. Half an hour in and Craig was still out there arguing with his ex. I had to turn the volume up loud so Leila would stop crying. Break ups were never good on a child.

Finally atthe fourty-five minute mark, the front door opened to reveal a livid Craig and worried bandmates. 

"Daddy.... Why is mommy so angry...?" Leila had paused the movie, smart little girl, and walked up to her dad.

Craig ran his hand through his hair. "Because mommy still loves daddy, but daddy really really likes Sophia." He picked her up and kissed her on the forehead. "Daddy doesn't love mommy as much as he used to and I..."

"I heard you talk to uncle Monte... You told him you were lonely and sad... Can Sophia make you better?" She looked at me and then back to her father who was hesitant to answer.

"I do think she can help me be better honey..."

"Then be her boyfriend! You need to be happy! And she needs to be happy. And she needs a boyfriend! It isn't healthy for an old person to have so many kid movies."

My jaw dropped. "I'm not old!"

She looked at me. "You are older than i am." And then she looked back at her dad. "Please daddy. I just want you happy."

Craig smiled and kissed her on the forehead. "Anything for you darling."

She giggled and wiggled her way out of his arms. "Sophia, are you going to be daddy's girlfriend or not?" She stared at me with her hands on her hips and her head tilted to the side.

I smiled and nodded. "I think i can do that."

She clapped and jumped on the couch. "Good." And she unpaused the movie.

Everyone laughed at her and found a spot to sit. Craig sat next to me and hugged me close. "Are you sure this is what you want?" He whispered in my ear.

"It's what i've been waiting for since i was little." 

He smiled brightly at me and kissed me lightly on the lips. I heard cat calls and whistles as we pulled apart. My face turned bright red.

"You call that a kiss Mabbitt?" Michael laughed.

"Little eyes are watching Mr. Money." I said sternly as Leila continued watching the part where Mr. Gru was adopting the little girls. 

"Sophia, who is your favorite character from this whole entire movie?" Leila asked.

I pondered for a second as all the guys just watched the movie with the funniest expressions. "I like Agnus. She's adorable."

"Me too!! Daddy said I act just like her."

I smiled and laughed. "I was told i act like her too."

She giggled. "You're funny."

"I try." 

Craig held me tight. "You don't have to." He kissed me on the cheek and we all finished the movie together.