Let me tell you a story

There was a young boy. When he was about 7, something strange happened to him, a darkness took over. He threatened, and tried to kill those closest to him. He became dark completely, and insane. Months later, he woke up in the back of the car, unaware of what had happened, of where he was, or anything, the last thing he remembered was being at school. He heard tale of what had happened, and he could feel the darkness inside him. He locked it away, he wanted to be nice, he wanted to help people and throw away everything he wanted for that, he feared the darkness.

  Many years later some force unlocked the darkness he had inside. While his classmates talked happily around him. He sat there craving power, wanted something more. He was scared, but he couldn't lock it away. Months passed by, and in his dreams came a woman, a beautiful women. His heart, mind, and body were calmed, and soon the darkness had calmed enough for him to lock it away again.

   A few years had passed, and he met the woman from his dreams. He was soon swept over by happiness, complete and whole. He had never felt anything like this, and the darkness faded from his mind. Then the happiness faded. He clung to the last memories of it, afraid of what may happen if he let go. After a while he had no choice, and he let go. He fell into the insanity, further and further. Then, the unexpected happened. He found nothingness. A complete emptiness. He searched the nothingness, and there he found the darkness. After all he had been through. When all else had faded away, it still remained. He reached out to it, ready for it this time. Ready to not deny who he was any longer. It coursed through him. The hunger for power returned, but this time, he was in control.

  With the darkness embraced he begone to clime out of the darkness to see the new him. He found himself in a room, dimly lit. In the sky above he saw it, the light, unreachable, unattainable, but none the less there. He realized at that moment that, although he could never reach the light, the memory of the light still filled his entire being. Upon stepping into a beam of light, the darkness he had embraced dissipated, over powered by just the mere remnants of light that remained.

  He was told once before "if you love her, don't let her go." Now he understood that letting go doesn't mean to strive to keep them around, but to keep them in your heart and mind. He still misses the light, and hopes one day he can be reunited. He craves her by his side. But now he knows that he must try to move on, and that, even though she is not near him, the light she gave to him will always shine.