The Beginning

"Andromeda!" Narcissa Malfoy's cold voice rang through the manor, and I winced. She could have just sent a house elf to come and get me, but I guess this was a bit more important.

"Coming Aunt Narcissa!" I yelled back.

Throwing the robes in my hand to the ground, and made my way towards the door and to the parlor, kicking my trunk shut as I passed it.

Passing my cousins room, I saw that it was opened and the Draco had finished packing. Running down the stairs, I quickly made sure I looked presentable, before walking into the parlor.

"Ah, Andromeda." Lucius sneered. "So nice for you to join us."

I nodded my head, not trusting myself to speak. I was still afraid of him. Even if I had grown up in this house for the past fourteen years, I was still afraid of my Uncle. I have distant memories of a nicer man taking care of me, and even if I did follow my Uncles ways, he would never trust me with anything important, due to who took care of me for the first two years of my life, a man I hardly remember.

"Is there something that you need Uncle? I am almost finished packing for Hogwarts."

He sneered once more. "As you know, the Dark Lord has returned Andromeda. You or Draco must not tell anyone of this at Hogwarts. The longer the ministry stays in the dark, the better. You both understand?"

"Yes sir." Draco and I replied.

"Excellent. You are dismissed."

Draco and I quickly ran out of the room, and up towards our own bedrooms.

"Are you finished packing yet?" Draco whined. "I'm bored."

I chuckled. "Cousin dear, I can't lie to your father, so no. Read a book Draco."

He rolled his eyes. "And become like Granger, heck no."

I grinned knowingly. It was risky bring up the conversation of Hermione Granger, a mudblood, in our house. As long as we said the appropriate language, we were good though. I had noticed that Draco had brought up Granger in a lot of our conversations, so I confronted him a few weeks ago, and he admitted having a slight crush on her, which scared him.

He knew he wasn't supposed to fall in love with a mudblood, and he was afraid of rejection. He was even hesitant to tell me! I told him I wouldn't tell anyone, as long as he wasn't going to tease me about anything. He agreed to the terms instantly.

"Screw Granger, Draco." I replied. "Life sucks a lot, so read a book. Or maybe two. Or three. Who cares. And I'll finish packing, and then we can talk or read or take a walk."

"Fine. I'll read a book." He muttered, and I grinned. "See you Malfoy."

"See you Black."

I entered into my room still grinning. I swooped down and picked up my robes, grabbing them, and folding them nicely before setting them in my trunk.

I thought about my life for a few seconds. How Lucius made it quite clear that the Dark Lord was back, and I wasn't allowed to tell anyone. The fact that Lucius had trusted me with that information, was good enough for me.

Picking up my Arithmancy books, and shoved them on top of my potions scales and then stacked my other books on top. Finally, ending with the pair of robes I would need to change into on the train, I shut the trunk with a loud snap.

The letter I had received from Hogwarts was still sitting on my bed. I still couldn't believe it, but now, I wouldn't have to wonder who my partner was.