| 3 |

My lips twitched in an irritated expression as I did not know whether to smile or be sacred.

This was the third night that I passed by that grocery store and saw Sammy and his friends. They just hung around the parking lot to wait for others as he explained a day ago.

Every time he saw me he would yell out 'The girl from yesterday in front of his friends. I was glad he helped me but honestly, it was a bit annoying now.

"How are you doing?" He asked, standing in front of me. I give him a short-lived smile.

"Good. Can you not call me that?" I asked.

His brows pulled together as folds appeared between them.

"Huh?" He asked. I sigh in defeat before even trying anymore.

"The girl from yesterday? Don't call me that. My name is Isla, Just-just call me Isla. And don't yell from across the parking lot when you see me, it's embarrassing," I finished.

"Oh, I am just messing with you, Isla..?"

"Isla Ellis," I replied, turning my eyes to the side.

"Isla," he paused. "Cute." He comments before smirking. 

I just stare at him with zero expressions to express my discomfort and irritation.

He tilted his head back, letting out a loud laugh.

"Sorry, Isla. I guess I'll see you again," he said, glancing back at his friends and winking at me before leaving.

I stare at them, everyone getting in their cars and driving off somewhere. But they seemed to be having fun. I had fun once upon a time. But it was short-lived as my friends and I fell apart because of a misunderstanding.

Shrugging off the memory, I walked back to my house.

"Hello, sir what can I get you?"

"One strawberry cheesecake, a cold coffee -"

My mind started wandering off to things again at work. The weekdays are always hectic at this bakery more like a cafe, because it is right near the station. It annoys me. Unfortunately, everything annoyed me at this point.

I take my bag glancing at the clock. The clock hand hit 8 and I was done for today. I walked grabbing my papers which I had to take some prints off. I will need them for when I give my first interview at an actual office.

I go to the counter and buy my mom and dad some pastries for dessert. Saying a quick bye to the nice manager I had I made my way towards the road from the parking lot beside me.

I shut my eyes as the sharp lights of the oncoming cars step aside to cross but bump into a body falling forward.

I gasped trying my best to balance myself and my bag when a hand grabbed mine pulling me back very roughly. My papers fell to the ground with sudden pain in my wrist. Another set of files fell on the floor from that man's hand.

"Ah!" I stumble back with my hand still tightly wrapped around my forearm.

I stare at the man, my stomach falling. My nervousness started acting out as chills ran down my spine.

I have seen him before, somewhere.

There stood a man with such an intense aura. It wasn't good but it was tempting. He didn't speak. Staring at me as I look down in fear. I gave myself no explanation for why I was scared of a complete stranger who almost saved my life.

But it almost ended too.

"T-Thank you" I thank him for pulling my hand away from him very slowly. I saw him shift back a little and nod bending down to pick up his files. I bent down rubbing my temple softly and grabbed the papers before they flew off but the two managed to fly away making me groan.

He bends down again grabbing the two left and handing them to me.

"Thank you. Sorry," I mutter immediately, walking away.

To say he was not attractive would be a lie. He was attractive, like a greek god. His dark hair, his good build frame, and his muscular big hand failed to be noticed by me.

He was in a button-up shirt with a blazer in his hands. He seemed old but not too old.

I slapped myself and stopped thinking about him as I ran away from that weird funny feeling inside me. I had to get the two lost papers done again. Giving up on the printouts today, I put the papers in my file one by one when I see two unfamiliar papers. I frown looking at the back and front.

"Tsk"

The words couldn't be understood by me and they were too complicated. My light bulb blinked as I realized these were not mine but might be that man. I shrugged it off since there was nothing I could do about it.

Setting them aside I go through my own set of papers and stare at them. Of course two of my own papers, which hold my resume, and one with

I got on my laptop and opened my documents and mail. I smiled at receiving last month's paycheck.

"Finally!" I yelled out loudly smiling. I can buy a new top now, I grin as I take a shower, and get in bed.

***

"See you later," I said opening the door and hearing my mother say goodbye from the kitchen.

The classes were boring as always, I just had to bear it for a little more time. My mind wandered to the man I bumped into that evening. He was truly well built. I gulp staring at a void space. I wonder if he is a boxer or something.

I suddenly popped out of my bubble.

"What am I doing?" Snap out of it! I whispered to myself.

I walked out of the cafe and gave a tired sigh dropping my sore shoulders and bending my back as I looked at the empty street.

"I hate this," I whispered, standing straight up and walking. I thought of buying some chips. Maybe I should lock myself up this weekend and just study and eat.

I suddenly froze as I noticed Sammy, standing at his usual spot. This time talking to someone with their back to me. He looked serious until he noticed me. His eyes shifted back to that tall man before he looked back at me.

My jaw almost dropped as that tall man pushed himself out of the car, turning around and looking at me.

There he was, that guy whose papers got mixed up with mine.

H-how? Why?

I frown, my mouth still slightly open as I stare at them both walking toward me. The people behind them were mysteriously staring at their backs as they talked.

"How?" I whispered right in Sammy's face.