Earning The Ultimate Trust (A Pokemon Fanfiction)

I was walking just outside my home town, Felder Town with my friend, Matthew, who was with his Taillow, his first Pokemon. He caught Taillow himself. My town's Professor Saner gives new trainers three choices for a first pokemon: Torchic, Mudkip, and Treeko. Any of them would be a decent starter pokemon. But sometimes when Professor Saner runs out of pokemon, she will send them with a pokeball into Everseed Forest to find a first pokemon themselves.

Taillow was the pokemon Matthew caught and he was planning to leave today. Taillow landed on my shoulder and started pecking at my backpack. "Hey! Stop it! Taillow!"

"Taillow return!" Taillow stopped attacking me and disappeared back inside its pokeball.

"Thanks Matt. Why do you think your Taillow attacked me?"

"Look out!" Suddenly, a car going quite fast almost ran me over. Luckily, Matthew pulled me out of the way. The driver slammed on the brakes and pulled the car to a hard stop.

A man in a white labcoat and a black haired boy with a Pikachu on his shoulder came out of the car. "I am so sorry! Are you to alright?" I blushed. "We're fine." Taillow came out of its pokeball and sat on Matt's head. -Taillow Taillow- I turned to Taillow. "Now I know what you were doing, Taillow. You saw that I was in the road and tried to get my attention. Thank you. I promise I'll be more careful."

-Taillow-

Taillow then went back into its pokeball.

"I'm Professor Oak. I'm a pokemon professor from the Kanto Region." Matt then introduced himself. "Nice to meet you. My name's Matthew and this is my friend, Nicole." Professor Oak gestured to the boy with the Pikachu behind him. "And this is Ash. He's a trainer."

"Is he really? I doubt his Pikachu can even touch my Taillow." Uh oh. "Is that a challenge?"

"You bet it is!"

Matt always gets like this whenever he meets another trainer. Luckily for him, my house was next door to the Pokemon Center.

"There's an empty battlefield behind the pokemon center. You two could battle there."

ooOoo

Within five minutes, Ash and Matt were on different sides of one of the two battle fields. They were on the left one while I sat on the bench next to Professor Oak. "Let the battle begin!" Matthew wasted no time in taking the first attack. "Taillow use Aerial Ace!" Taillow sped toward Pikachu. "Pikachu use Quick Attack to dodge!" Right before Taillow hit Pikachu, Pikachu avoided it and slammed into Taillow. Taillow was hit but remained in the air. I watched intensely how both Ash and Matt directed their pokemon.

Professor Oak noticed that I was watching the battle with a lot of interest. "Do you have any pokemon?" I shook my head. "No. My mom says I'm not ready yet."

"Well, if you were going to get a pokemon, which pokemon are you going to choose?"

"I don't know yet. I'm still considering the options."

"I see. Well, I came to visit Professor Saner. Would you happen to know her?"

I giggled "Yeah. She's my mom."

"Really?! That's pretty cool. I do remember her mention that she had a daughter. Would you like to watch Ash and Matthew's battle and while I talk to your mother?"

"That's alright, I don't mind."

ooOoo

"Pikachu use Iron Tail!"

-Pika!-

The attack missed and Pikachu was still in the air. "Taillow use Peck!" This attack landed and Pikachu was slammed into the ground. "Way to go Taillow!" But Pikachu wasn't done yet. It slowly stood up. I could see bruises and scratches on its body from where Taillow pecked it. I could tell that Pikachu was almost out of energy. Not good. Pikachu's really weak. -Pika.. Pikachu!-