Raven's Story: Curse of the Wolves (Part 5)

Curse of the Wolves

Part 1   

            Raven woke to the sound of rain pouring outside of Marshall Lee's cave, and clouds covered the dim night sky. She lazily stood and stretched. Her black tail coiled behind her back, and her ears perked. She sleepily looked around the room; Marshall must have already gotten up. She peaked outside the door and caught a glimpse of Marshall standing out in the rain. His long dark hair flattened against his head as the rain drenched it. His red plaid shirt clung to his body, and his gleaming red eyes stared deeply into the falling rain. She stepped shyly into the doorway. She did not understand why she still acted so shy around him; she had been staying with him for a year now. It seemed though every time she looked at him his face was new. She finally found her voice and called him.

            "Marshall? Are you ok?" He jolted at the sound of her soft concerned voice. He could never hear that girl coming. One minute she could be sound asleep and the next she would be at your side. She was as silent and sly as they come, though she did not mean to be. It was in her blood; after all, wolf sighting are rare, especially now. If there were wolves left out there, then Marshall still had not seen them. He snapped back to reality and realized she was still staring.

            "I'm fine," he called in a mocking voice. "Just enjoying a little rain is all." He floated over to her and before she could escape, he hugged her tight; soaking the red plaid shirt, she took from him. She had her own clothes, but she always slept in his old shirts. They were comfortable and large on her. She did not like to wear snug clothes when she slept so they worked perfectly as nightshirts for her.

            "Marshall Lee Abadeer!" She squealed. Whoops he was in trouble now. He flew back out into the rain. If Raven yelled his full name then Marshall knew he was going to get his butt kicked for sure. He floated away as quick as he could, but Raven was right on his tail. She floated up and grabbed his shirt by the front. She pulled his close to her face, and stared down the Prince of the Nightosphere. She did not care that he was a prince, or that he was a vampire. She was a vampire herself, and his girlfriend. She pulled him in, stared him right in the eyes, and punched him in the gut. He grunted and plunged to the ground.

            "I might have deserved that," he wheezed as he sat up to find her floating in front of him. Her arms were crossed, but a smiled crept across her face. She giggled and floated back down. She placed her face inches away from his, and his hand reached up, slipped around the back of her head; weaving its way through her hair. He pulled her closer and their lips met. He enjoyed those moments where everything seemed to be in his favor. Interruptions seemed to find their way to him every time he got a chance to make a move. He knew the moment would not last forever, but he wished it would. She finally pulled gently away from his lips and led him inside.

            She came out with a towel and threw it at him. It hit him square in the face, and fell into his hands. He wiped off his face and, stared at Raven. Her beautiful sodden black hair fell around her shoulders, and her adorable freckled cheeks were rosy red. Her eyes were blue as ice, but they were warm and kind. In his eyes, she was absolutely beautiful; he could not have found one flaw in her beauty, but then she removed his jacket. His jacket dropped to the floor revealing her adorable black tank top, and a scar winding up her arm. He raced over grabbing her damaged arm. She pulled away in surprise.

            "Raven, how did you get that scar?" He caressed her hair out of her eyes.

            "Marshall I have had it since I was a baby." She turned her wrist multiple times reexamining the marking. "I am not sure, but my mother told me it was a curse sent on our family." Marshall's eyes widened; he had heard of curse markings, but he did not know they still existed.