Chapter 29

We wait for a moment in silence.

"Capitol helicopters" Blain shakes his head "This is extreme"

"They can try find us but they won't catch us" Raven pats Blains shoulder while treading water. We all hop out and try to dry off but it doesn't work so we rebuild our fire and warm up.

"I wonder how Marvel and Glow are doing?" I ask "and Drina"

"They're still alive?" Raven looks suprised "But..."

"Dad planned with them too" Blain explains

"Oh" we sit in an awkward silence until Jack announces he is going to sleep. Then we decide that Raven and I will do guard duty for the night so I snuggle up to Jack and go to sleep.

Someone taps me on the shoulder, it is getting annoying. I groan and flick open my eyes to see Raven in front of me. Must be my turn to guard.

"You sleep like a log" she laughs quietly "I've been trying to wake you up for ages"

"Sorry" I mumble sleepily. I sit in the forest looking for any movements in the darkness. I wonder what's going on outside here: outside the arena. I wish I was out there. I turn towards something, coming towards me. I quickly aim my bow and stand up. It is a parachute, why would I get a parachute? I grab it quietly and open it. It has two bits of paper inside, one is a map and one is a note.

'Bring everyone to the highest point of the arena, be careful - M'

I shove the note into my belt and open the map, it is the arena and how it is built. Why would he send me that? Should I tell Blain or someone or not? Argh too many thoughts run through my mind. I'll wait until morning, or is it best to do this at night? I get up and grab my pack and start walking, the edge of the forest isn't too far away. I slowly jog and place little markers so I can get back quickly, I can't have anyone get eaten by mutts. I reach the end of the forest after a couple of minutes and look over the Cornocopia to the hill. I smack myself in the head, of course Marcus woould invite the careers as well. Did I just call them careers? They're not enemies, I repeat that in my head a couple of times as I watch shadows move around the fire on the hill. I turn and run back to camp.

"Jack" I whisper "Wake up" I turn and wake Blain and Raven and they all look at me "We need to leave"

"Why?" they all ask

"Just..." I hesitate, should I tell them "Because I heard something" I lie. This gets them moving, I just hope that Marvel, Glow or Drina have put the fire out so they don't get suspicious

"Come on" I start jogging "Follow me"

I decided to swim to the Cornocopia then swim to the base of the hill rather than going the whole way around, pass the jungle and ocean biomes. It is alot quicker to go straight through the middle, and quick is what I need. We go at a fast pace stopping for a drink once we reach the base of the hill.

"Why are we going up here?" Jack asks

"Because" I shrug

""Tell us Roxy" Raven crosses her arms 

"Just trust me on this" I look at them all "Please"

They all huff but follow me up the hill, Jack knows I wouldn't go up here without reasons but I know he trusts me. As for Raven and Blain, I don't know. We walk up the hill with the sun glowing behind the hill in front of us. Once we reach near the top I stop.

"Wait here" I point to the shrub next to me. Blain and Raven start walking towards the shrub while Jack comes to me

"What are you doing Roxy?"