Chapter One

Chapter One:

         Hearing a light whisper I woke up and slowly opened my eyes to find two mice dangling on a rope in-front of my deep chocolate eyes. Jerking backwards I hit my head against the white wall behind my bed. “Ouch...” I mumbled and blinked a couple times to make sure I was seeing clearly.

         There were definitely two mice in-front of me because I was awake, pinching myself just hurt, nothing else, and when I hit my head I had to have been awake or that would have woken me up.

         You could tell apart these two strange creatures. For one wore a red shirt with a matching red hat and the other wore a green shirt and matching green hat. The one in the red one was a bit on the fat side and the one in the green shirt looked about the normal size for a mouse.

         The mouse in the green shirt jumped off the rope and slowly started walking towards me. I stayed as calm as I was able to. It came so close to my nose I could feel warm air with every breath.

         It looked deep into my eyes and everything around me faded away. I dared not look away for the fear of moving was unbearable. Breathing shallowly I expected to feel dizzy, I blinked a couple of times and the dizziness was gone, but something seemed out of place.

         The mice had grown bigger! I was the same size as them! Wait, my room was bigger too...I had shrunk! The mouse in the green shirt shrank me down to his size! What was I to do being as tiny as him! I started to panic when the mouse in the red shirt spoke.

“Don't worry, we come in peace and seek help.” he said and walked towards me.

“You can talk?!” I asked surprised and scared. He could talk? Mice can't talk!

“Course I can. Every mouse in history can except humans can't hear us speaking they only hear squeaking. Its because their so damn big!” he said.

“Wow. That is pretty weird. All this time I thought mice could only squeak.” I said amused by the new fact I had learned.

“That is an insult you know.” the red mouse said crossing his arms and walking away.

“Hey! I didn't mean it that way!” I yelled and ran after him. The green mouse grabbed my arm.

“It's OK he will forgive you in a while, he pouts a lot about the stupidest things.” he said and rolled his eyes.

“Oh, OK.” I said confused.

“Well anyway, his name is Jake and mine is Paul.” he said with a warm smile offering his hand to shake.

“Um...Hi Paul,” I said, “I'm Lola.” I said returning the smile and taking his hand.

“Jake come on over here we have work to do!” Paul yelled to Jake.

“What work?” I asked looking from Paul to Jake.

“Jake didn't tell you?” Paul asked confused.

“Um...No?” I said.

“Oh, well. We have a journey to go on. All Hallows Eve is coming up soon but there shall be no such celebrations without the Hallows Eve witch. We need your help, she has recently been kidnapped. Without her no All Hallows Eve, without All Hallows Eve, no candy, no candy no food for rats, no food for rats, rats invade our territory and it goes on.” Paul replied explaining everything.

“Oh, OK. But I don't think I can go sorry.” I said backing up.

“But you have to!” he replied.

“This is a dream anyway.” I replied trying to persuade myself to believe it was.

“No it's not and it never will be, we need you, and you need us. If we are to finish this journey.” he said persuading me to go.

“OK. Fine, I'll go with you guys.” I said rolling my eyes.

“Great shall we start on the journey then? The sooner the better.” Paul said walking over to Jake.

“Sure” I said and followed him.