Moe's Cafe

I walked into Moe’s Café thinking that it was a nice little spot to eat at. However I was dead wrong. I looked at the floor and the tile was chipped and extremely old. Rats were in abundance, scurrying around like an infestation.

                 I was even afraid to sit down but I was incredibly hungry. So I sat down, and within 3 minutes the waitress came to my table. Her name tag read Briana and she was going to be taking my order today. I quickly studied the menu and ordered a cheeseburger with fries and a medium strawberry milkshake.

                On the walls there was dried grease. It made me wonder, how could grease get all the way out here where people are supposed to be eating their food. I continued surveying my surroundings. In the corner stood a rusty, and old looking broken down jukebox. It was in such a terrible shape that I thought if it was plugged in, it was ready to explode into a thousand pieces. To my immediate left was a television. Nothing was on it, however, just static. I took a big smell of the atmosphere around me. The aroma of rat droppings dominated my senses of smell.

                What made me think that the Café was such a mockery was because there was a plug in air freshener sitting right next to me. There was a window that peered into the kitchen. I saw what looked like to be Moe, the owner of the diner preparing my food. He had a grimy looking face that was beyond a clean shaven. His apron resembled his features flawlessly. It looked like he was using it to cook in WWII. 

                Moe’s dog, Travis was sitting in the corner. It was kind of bizarre because he was looking at a mouse as if he wanted to eat it. If Travis was planning on doing than he would have a mission to pull off because Travis was sitting next to a table, and the mouse was in a corner to the far left of the café as Travis was at the far right of the café.

                Last time I checked, only cats eat mice. This dog must’ve been a mix between a cat and a dog because he pounced on the mouse and devoured it whole. This made me truly unwell. At that instant, a strange looking man walked into the diner. They sat in the booth next to mine.

                But before the man had sat down in the booth next to mine, he gave me a strange look, like he hated me or I have did something wrong to him. I had never seen this man in my entire life. So why was this man looking at me like this? 5 minutes later my order had finally come to my booth. The food was really good, which is a huge surprise because of the décor of the café.

                The waitress went to the strange man and took his order. After she was done taking his order she walked away with a face that screamed for help. It really frightened me, I was actually concerned about her and the type of look she had on her face. After she gave him h is food a couple of minutes later they both looked satisfied, so I had no suspicions at all. But when I finished eating my food and paid my check something tragic happened. While I was walking to my car, the man had a gun pointed to the waitresses head. The first thing that came to my mind was, “try to help her the best way that you can and be brave.”

                So when the man turned around and said to the people in the café that no one should follow him I sneak attacked him from behind and disarmed the man then threw him to the ground. I pointed the gun to the man.

                “Leave Moe’s Café right now before you get hurt or maybe even worse.” I said in a brave tone.

“Okay, Okay I will leave, I am sorry for causing all of this commotion, I didn’t want to hurt anyone. I just wanted to speak to the waitress in private.” The man replied back.

                After that the man had fled the scene, Moe and the waitress applauded me and had thanked me graciously.