Chapter 3

In shock I drop my mug "Wha... what is he doing here and how do you even know him?" The whole night was going downhill and then Luke, the boy who flirted with me all day, was standing at my front door. He was holding something in his hand and by the blue glow that illuminated his hand it was like a weapon my parents used not moments ago.

As Luke walks in a man appears right behind him. He is also wearing all black; he looks very much like Luke but with grey hair and a harder jaw line. He gives my dad a stern nod.

With out acknowledging me he turns to the man. "Luke and David please come in; we have some things to discuss."

"What happened?" David asks looking around the room. It wasn't as messy as before but it did look like a stampede of horses ran through our living room. I look to Luke but he was standing beside David. He looked very out of place at my front door almost looking like a guard who would watch over a celebrity. He had changed out of his sweater and jeans for a black leather jacket and black trouser pants.

I hear my mom take a deep breath "It's a long story why don't you take a seat. Jade" She says getting my attention. "Why don't you take Luke and make some more tea? We can talk over everything then." With that she ushers David to take a seat.

Walking to the kitchen seemed longer then normal, maybe it was the though of Luke in my house or maybe seeing what I thought was a cat turn in to some hideous monster.

Once in the kitchen I whirl around to face Luke. He was leaning on the door frame that separated the kitchen to the dinning room. With eyes blazing I pin him. "Why are you here, and who is that man in my living room?" I was on the verge of hysteria.

He takes a breath and unhitches from the door frame. "First I am here because I was called by your father and second the man in your living room is my father." He wasn't looking me in the eyes, which from the one day I have spent with him was not normal.

"That's it? No big explanation? Nothing?" I say staring daggers at him. The look on his face said so much more then what I expected. He looked, what worried? No he looked sorry as if the event of the night were his fault. I dull my stare to what I truly felt, scared. I told my self I wasn't scared but that wasn't true, I'm terrified; that thing I saw... it's changed my look on the boogie man all together. Luke sighs and I look back to him.

"Like I said I am here on business. You will figure out everything as soon as we get back in to the living room." He points his thumb in the direction of the living room ten feet away. His face became stoned, though his eyes faltered.

One question still haunted my brain and while we share this little moment I thought I should ask. "Just one more question, what was the whole thing in the car about?"

To my surprise he eased in to a smirk "That was nothing, it was more like a thanks for letting me in to your life willingly." A hissing sound came from the background and the kettle was done. I go and pour the water in the two mugs laid out for Luke and David. My mind couldn't get off the one word willingly. What have I gotten in to? Some sort of cult? I turn around and place the mugs on the island separating Luke and I. I open my mouth but before I could say anything more he walked out the room with the mug of tea in hand.

I follow Luke in to the living room and sit down on the couch beside my mom who was just getting over her hysteria. Luke went to sit in an arm chair that had claw marks torn in every direction. I look expectantly at my dad wanting to know exactly what was going on here. He was standing with David at his side. He had placed the mug on the now wobbly coffee table with a very stern look on his face. I started at David and with ever second he looked more and more like Luke.