Prince of Darkness- Preface

Okay...I was reading a story to one of my friends on here and she said it was really good...I for one disagree...It's an old story of mine. Not one of my best...But then...Not one of my worsts. So she told me to put it up here to see what you guy think of it. So here it is. Prince of Darkness.

Preface

Rina's long black hair flowed in waves down into the middle of her back. Her large green eyes look sadly out her window. She gets out of her wooden chair, walks out, and locks her poorly furnished apartment before heading out on the nearly empty New York City streets. Normally people would think it's dangerous for an eighteen year old to walk the streets of New York City at 1:00 AM but Rina doesn't care. She's too caught up in her own misery to even notice the strange man that seems to be following her. Her only thoughts are of her mother who just died and her ex-boyfriend Chris who just used her and dumped her. The man is gaining. He stops her in front of Dale's Pub. "What is a lady as beautiful as you doing on a night?" he asks. When Rina doesn't responds he frowns and pushes her towards the dark alley. "Well since you won't respond I guess you don't mind if I do this." Then Rina felt a searing pain in her neck before she- in her misery- could comprehend what was happening a wave of pain washed over her nearly knocking her into unconscious. Her last thought was 'If my knight in shining armor is out there why won't he save me from this?' As she heard the man's taunting laughter saying "See you later sweetheart!"