Chapter 4, Part 1 (edited)

This chapter is dedicated to @libertyreed for the gorgeous cover! Thanks again!! :D Sorry for the late update guys! Enjoy the read :)

I was woken up from my deep sleep without knowing what woke me up. My brain was scrambling, trying to figure out why I was suddenly awake when I was shaken up, bouncing around on my bed.

Scared out of my mind because I didn't know what had just happened, I did the first thing that came to me instinctually. I shrieked and pounced on whatever was suddenly on my bed.

When I heard the sound of choking, I realized that it was a person, and then my sleepy mind registered the fact of who it was. I immediately lifted the layer of blanket off the person, and looked down in concern, scared that I had hurt him.

"Oh my gosh! I've told you before not to sneak up on me like that you phsyco! Are you ok?" I asked, concerned.

It was then I noticed that Chase hadn't been choking because of my weight on him. Instead, he had been choking because he was laughing too hard.

Once again, my sleepy brain was slow to process all this information. I was never a morning person, and it showed. When I finally got a hold of the whole situation, I glared at Chase and smacked him. I doubt it was very hard though because my body was still half asleep.

Rather than apologize, my so called best friend continued laughing. "You shou....should've seen your face Sel!" And then he gracefully continued laughing.

Still on top of him, I smacked him once more. "Shut your ugly face Chase. That was SO not cool. One, it's Saturday. Two I hate waking up early and am so not a morning person--and YOU know that! Three, I am so going to kill you," I said, enunciating certain words by poking him in the chest and glaring at him throughout.

Still glaring at him, I began to get off of him, realizing belatedly that I had been straddling him this whole time. My cheeks flamed, and I immediately got off and turned my back to him.

Walking over to my dresser, I began to pick out a casual outfit to change into and lounge around all day. It was then I realized that Chase was now silent and no longer laughing.

Smiling to myself I turned around, "You finally..." my voice trailed off as I noticed the intense look in his eyes. There was a newfound sense of tension in the air, one that had never existed between us before.

Confused on how to deal with it, I turned back around to my dresser and continued picking out clothes to wear, feeling super awkward and confused. It was then that I realized Chase was no longer on my bed. This was because I felt heat surround me, and the butterflies in my stomach immediately told me that Chase was now near me.

The heat only intensified, and I realized he was getting closer. I gulped, once again at a loss on how to act. He got even closer, to the point where his chest hit my back, and I tensed up, trying to avoid the instinct to cuddle into him. Then there was suddenly an arm around me, and I tensed even further when I felt his breath at my ear.

"You might not want to wear that Sel," he whispered, his voice husky. I tried to fight the shiver that ran through my body, but he was so close I doubt I was successful. Unable to find my voice, or my mind with him this close, I struggled to understand what he had just said.

Without giving me a moment to reply, Chase leaned in even closer, and reached into my dresser. Instead of the quarter sleeved top I had picked out, Chase pulled out my emerald green sweater that I only used when it snowed or we went to the ice rink.

"Wear this," he whispered in my ear, his voice deep and husky, and as his breath washed over my ear and neck, my whole body broke out in goosebumps. I was focused on the tingles my body was experiencing when I turned around, only to realize that Chase was gone.