The Grim Reaper's waiting room

As every description needs a beginning I will start about the floor. The room consists of a wooden floor, a bit darker than usual but very much needed to hide the blood stains that tends to appear. The floor itself is made of the best mahogany you can get if you happens to travel in souther area of Brazil. I once met a fisherman who's boat was made of the same mahogany as this very floor. He was very friendly I recall and used to pick his teeth with a spoon. The boat was big enough to fit three full-grown men and every morning he took it out for his daily fishing, except on Sundays. Every Sunday he would take his chair out on the porch, pick his teeth and wonder when the rain would come. When Monday arrived he would take his boat, that was made of the best mahogany you could get in these parts, and go fishing.

Where the floor would end the walls would begin. In this particular waiting room the walls were not white, as the hospitals tend to have. No, these walls were coloured dark red. To hide the blood stains, of course. When they were going to build this room they had an argue if they were going to be red or not. Can you imagine these walls being green? Green as the forest, they wanted to have natural look. But green would not hide the blood stains that appeared on both the floor and the walls.

In the middle a single wooden bench stood, curious enough without any blood on it. This bench was special. Whenever you would sit on it you would get too comfortable that any thought of ever leaving would vanish. Once before I had made my attempt to sit on this particular bench, but never got the chance as my knees started to crack. I had an accident in the park the day before where I stumbled over some rocks. A horrible experience, really. I had waited so long to try this bench and my knees had to ruin everything for me.

At one side of the bench stood a coffee table with a single cup on. Another dreadful thing for those who wish to visit this room. For this cup is empty of anything that resembles coffee or tea. For that I am lucky since I don't drink either of them.

In this room there are no windows but one single door in the farthest end. At the bottom of this door there is a small crack, leaving a stream of green light come through. If that light hadn't appeared no one would notice the blood stains on both floor and walls. Right, maybe that was my cue to leave. I hope the green light won't blind my eyes.

Close door.