Chapter 3

Tom's POV
'It's Hayley!!' Miyu sprinted out of our room as soon as she heard the doorbell.

'Be careful!' I called after her as she ran towards the stone stairs as fast as her small feet could move but she was already out of my sight.

It was the Saturday we were visiting the Ginsbergs and Hayley was coming with us. She offered to help us make some food and desserts to take, so she arrived at eleven o'clock.

I then heard the keys of the front door unlock, followed by the sound of the door opening. She's been growing up quickly, and I didn't know how to feel about it. 'Hayley!'

'Oh - hi Miyu! How are you?'

'Good!'

'Goodness, she's going to be a faster runner than you Jay.' The voice of Hayley's father, Sam, laughed.

'Wouldn't be surprised, really.' Jay laughed too.

'How are you, Sam?' I said, walking down the stairs to meet them.

'Very well, thanks Tom. Yourself?' He grinned.

'I'm great.'

'That's good, that's good.'

Samuel Bennett was a businessman and ran his own business of fashion clothes. Him and Sakura had actually met before Hayley and Jay got together, so it was quite entertaining to gossip about them.

Miyu tugged Hayley into the house and, saying a goodbye to her father, the kids headed to the kitchen.

'Thank you for inviting her to tag along with you; she would never stop talking about it.'

'Not a problem. She's always welcome, and so are you.' I laughed.

'I'll take that as an honour.' Sam grinned. 'Well, I should start heading off now. See you again tonight, Tom.'

'Will do.'

Once I checked that he had driven off, I closed the front door and headed to the kitchen.

Before I got there, I heard Hayley's voice say in a higher pitch, 'Hi little puppy!!'

Just for your information, our doggo was a full grown five year old.

'Hayley, do you want to make savoury or sweets?' Jay asked.

'Umm,' she replied, squashing Lucy's face between her hands. 'I really don't mind.'

'Make the cheesecake with me Hayley!' Miyu chirped.

'Cheesecake? Sure thing!' She said as Miyu tugged her to her feet.

'Just don't let Kaine near the fire, he sets everything on fire!' Miyu said.

'Miyuki, I do not! We talked about this!' Kaine said from the fridge.

'It's true though!'

'Just ignore them.' Jay's lips twitched as he pulled out the lasagna tray from the shelf.

'They're funny though.' Hayley laughed. 'Do you have the recipe Miyu?'

'Right here!'