Behind the scenes with Nash

I got a part in one of the teleseryes Nash is in. I was supposed to pretend to be shopping in the background in one of the scenes he was acting in. So yes, I'm an extra. But I'm gonna make sure I'll be the best extra out there. 

I mean, I don't expect to get to talk to him, because he'll probably be very busy with his work but I do expect to steal glances at him every now and then. 

I think this is crazy, I've been watching the guy on TV ever since I was like four years old and now I'm finally gonna be able to kinda work with him?! Woah, man, woah! 

It was my aunt who helped me get this gig. Her husband, my uncle- worked as a consultant at times on the show because he was a psychologist and the show was kinda based on that kind of stuff. 

Anyways, at the first day on set, Nash actually talked to me- first! He thought I was one of the refreshments people because he asked me politely for a bottle of water. 

I guess I did look like I was in charge of the drinks because my hair was in a tight ponytail and my lips had too much lip gloss that was sorta smudged which can be mistaken as if though I had just chugged a whole gallon of water.   

I started to tell him that I wasn't the person to go to for drinks, when I thought best of it and just grabbed him a bottle of water a few steps away from us. 

He said thanks and before we could talk anymore, the makeup person started powdering his face. So I left and sat on the steps of the stairs near the broom closet. I should have brought a book with me, so I decided that I will tomorrow. 

I was so happy to know that they usually use the same people for extras as long as there are many of us, people watching at home don't usually notice that we're being reused. And of course, we change our outfits. 

The next day, they were shooting an intense scene.. Nash's character was gonna confront his father's killer and a little fight was gonna break out. 

I watched intently as Nash was in his zone, he was such a good actor for someone as young as his age. He was shouting at the other actor as they were rehearsing their lines, and then the director told Nash to start crying a little bit. A few seconds later, tears were coming out of his eyes. 

Wow, I thought. He was so good. 

After the rehearsals, the crew were setting up to film the scene so the actors and extras took a break. I went back to my spot by the broom closet and brought out a book to read. I was a few pages in when I heard a shuffling noise and sensed someone sitting down next to me. 

It was Nash. Ahh.!

"Maganda ba kwento nyan?" he was asking if the book I was reading was any good. 

"Oo, hanep nga to eh ibang klasing fantasy, may comedy din kasi." I said that this book is cool, it's a different kind of fantasy because there's also comedy in it. 

"Searching for Dragons" he read the cover of the book. 

"Hmm, cool" he smiles. 

"Yes, very" I answer. 

And then we just kept talking about whatever, it was a lot of fun getting to talk to him and actually know him more than just "Nash Aguas" this actor/celebrity I really liked. 

I was gonna get paid for the next four more days and then that was it, my work was done. But it only took Nash two days to ask for my social media information and to want to contact me. It was true, we were friends now. 

I couldn't be anymore grateful. I had gotten so much out of being an extra.

A few days later,

Nash called and told me that they were gonna wrap up filming anytime soon so he asked if I wanted to join him and his friends to celebrate at a hotel party. 

I went and got to meet his friends, they were really nice and they were all in a band, how rad.

We took pictures in the hotel bathroom, here's a photo I took of him: 

I don't know why we felt so attached to that bathroom, I guess it was because it was the only quiet place we could talk

After that hotel party, he asked me if I would work with him as a friend behind the scenes if he were to do any more teleseryes (and of course I knew he was going to). I said of course. 

3 months later 

I have been living my dream ever since then. I didn't pursue an acting career, but I was always there by Nash's side whenever he was on a set. 

I was his girlfriend. I couldn't believe it. He was the sweetest guy ever and I was the happiest girl behind the scenes.