Seduction

Chapter 11 

Elizabeth took a deep breath and cursed the nerves that fluttered in her stomach. It was not as though she were undertaking some arduous task, this was a mere temptation, a trifle to further ingratiate herself with Phillip. Perhaps if she played her part well enough he would grow to love her...now she was merely being ridiculous. This man was a monster, the best she could do was ensure she stayed valuable to him, one way or another. 

With this in mind she cast her eyes over his sleeping form. Would it really be so revolting she wondered? He was for all intents and purposes very handsome, his dark brown hair dishevelled from sleep combined with the stubble across his jaw that serves only to emphasise its definition. No, she could bring herself to want his body, that was for certain, his soul however was an entirely different matter. How could she sleep with a man she loathed to her very core? Because you want to survive a voice admonished sternly. 

Yes. She wanted to survive more than she cared for her moral principles. Forgiveness and prayer could come later, God couldn’t exactly hear her requests for a pardon if she was dead. 

Quickly she gave herself a quick look over and was dismayed by her state of being. She was far likelier to catch flies than a man looking the way she did.

She had slept in her dress and now it was crumpled and uncomfortable. She would have a better chance if she just shed it and so she did. Throwing over the side of the bed and onto the floor she smoothed her shift and began the arduous task of smoothing her hair and letting it hang loose. She pinched her cheeks and bit her lip to get some colour back into both before letting her shift slip down her shoulder a little. Elizabeth had never been the aggressor in any of her trysts and wondered if she merely would seem ridiculous. Well in any case this was the best she could do with the limited tools at her disposal and this was the best chance she had of getting out alive. 

With a deep breath she rose from the bed and tentatively crept over to where Phillip slept soundly on the sofa. Should she cough and try to wake him up? Or was waking up to a seduction more alluring? Elizabeth decided on the latter only because she might lose her nerve if he woke up and she was already on the other side of the room. She smoothed out her shift and took another big deep breath. It needed to be direct didn’t it? Leave no room for misinterpretation? Alright, yes, she could do this.

He was lying on his back fast asleep, one arm tossed haphazardly over his eyes. In this position and at this time he looked almost peaceful, almost human. She stood over him, well aware that this was the final chance she had to back out and change her mind. No, there was no going back for her now. A thrill of anticipation rolled down her spine at the thought of what she was about to do. Slowly she swung one leg over and settled down onto him, their bodies now pressed intimately together. Phillip’s eyes flew open, in an instant he had the dagger on his hip pressed up against her throat. Elizabeth gasped and held her hands up in a silent plea for him not to slit her throat. 

“What are you doing?” he snarled, his voice gravelly from sleep. He blinked away the blur of his slumber and glared at her with malice.

“You think to kill me?” 

“N-No! Now get that thing away from me!” She squirmed trying to get out of his grasp. He seemed only now to notice her state of undress and his eyes darkened ominously. Perhaps she should have just tried to kill him instead. 

“Oh I see” he smirked, his gaze raked across her body and settled on her chest. He let the dagger clatter to the floor as his palm coasted up her thigh. Elizabeth’s heart seized in her chest and she stiffened immediately regretting her foolish idea. Phillip gripped her thigh tightly to prevent her from darting away and the action sent sparks jittering across her skin. She didn’t like the way her body reacted to his touch and desperately resisted the urge to press even closer and grind herself against him. 

“You know the more you try and get away the worse you make it” lust gleamed in his eyes as he gave a pointed look downwards and Elizabeth realised the effect their proximity was having on him. Instead of shocking her, the evidence of his arousal ignited her blood and she was seized with the notion of taking control another way. No longer struggling against him she leaned forward with a smile, giving him a clear view of what lay beneath her shift. His sharp intake of breath and the increasing hardness beneath her gave her all the encouragement she needed. Painstakingly slowly she trailed her fingers down his chest stopping each time just short of where he wanted them. After a couple of caresses he snatched her wrist with a growl.

“Don’t tease me” faster than she could comprehend he had flipped them round and Elizabeth was pressed hard against the cushions of the settee as he loomed above her. Her brief exploration of his chest had been enough to inflame her passions, he was solid muscle and she longed to touch him again. Elizabeth didn’t even mind that she had lost the upper hand in this battle of lust, she just wanted him to touch her again.

With no warning Phillip’s hand was between her thighs causing her to cry out in shock and pleasure. She had had lovers but none that incited this level of need in her. She no longer was content with the his deft fingers, she wanted more of him. 

“Stop” she croaked pushing against his chest “Stop, I want you” he gave her a wicked grin and removed his fingers, roughly grasping her chin and forcing her to meet his gaze. 

“Beg.” he snarled, spreading his fingers across her jawline. She moaned in frustration, her pride refusing to allow such an action. Elizabeth reached down between them to stroke him hoping he would forgo his demand. Momentarily his eyes clouded with lust but it was quickly replaced with his usual fierceness. Phillip gripped both her hands and pinned them above her head, his lips were level with her ear.

“I said, beg.” Elizabeth’s every nerve was aflame, damn her pride she cared not for anything save his skin against hers and the pleasure just over the horizon. However, as she opened her lips to accede a knock sounded at the door. Phillip’s eyes darted to it murderously. 

“Go away!” 

“Always so bad tempered aren’t you?” Thomas’ voice called “Come on we have to go” 

Phillip released her wrists and muttered a few choice curses before pushing himself off the settee. He strode across the room and scooped up her dress from the floor, throwing it at her unceremoniously. 

“Get dressed.” the next instant he was gone, the only evidence that he had ever been there was Elizabeth’s now burning frustration. 

Sorry for the lack of updates yo