Flute Lesson Given by Bopala

(Recap) "Oh, you'll definitely get to know me Kuthumi. Lord Khrishna is going to give me plenty of time to spend with you. He has already told me" 

So he was a mind reader too, like Lord Khrishna. But not a god? No,she did not think so. Just the ability to read thoughts did not automatically make one a god. Should she be upset about him reading her thoughts? It wasn't really a problem now, but what if in the future she wanted to keep something hidden. Would he still be able to pry it from her, or could she hide certain things somewhere where he couldn't get to them?

"Don't worry, Kuthumi." He reached for her hand. "Your secrets are safe with me. Plenty of things can get in, but nothing ever gets out...at least not to anyone but Lord Khrishna, and he knows everything anyway. You can't hide anything from him. Me, well, it might very well be possible, if there ever was something you didn't trust me with...I suppose you could build a wall and put a lock on it, and hide your secret behind there... Hopefully, you'll be able to trust me in time, and it won't be something you'll have to worry about. I haven't meant to be prying by the way...your thoughts are really easy for me to read...it's like you're speaking them to me. I feel like I've known you already for quite sometime. And I will tell you that story sometime soon, just not tonite if you don't mind, I'm just not in the mood to tell it now."

"O.K. Well, what shall we talk about then? How long have you known Lord Khrishna?"

"Well, I will tell you I saw him when I was young. I tried to run after him, but he didn't take me then. I was very sad for several weeks. I was so sure I belonged to him, and then I started dreaming of him, and one day, when I was old enough to get here on my own I had a dream that Khrishna was sending for me. And I packed up a few things, and I left, and every step of the way I just knew what to do, wasn't quite sure where he would be, but I just kept following, and it seemed sometimes I would even catch a glimpse of him, but then I wasn't sure if he had been there or not...but anyway, after a few weeks of searching and not really having enough to eat, I made it here to Vrindavan, and I've lived happily ever after with him. He's become my life, as he is for so many of us." Bopala was obviously very happy at the conclusion of his tale. 

"I'm glad you found your way here Bopala, she said. Hearing more of Lord Khrishna, she was very eager to be close to him. Oh, how she wished he were here right now with them!

"He always spends his first night back with Lady Radha, he said a bit sadly. "But I know he'll be eager to see you as soon as he gets the chance, Kuthumi."

They spent several hours talking, and in the morning, she awoke to find herself on one side of the bed under the covers and Bopala sleeping on top on the other side. She was relieved he were not any closer, she would have felt cheap if she had wound up in his arms right away...after rejecting the match her parents had made for her. She had not done so to enter into some improper relationship right away! She had only wanted to be free not to spend the rest of her life with a man she knew intuitively would be cruel to her. That was all! Nothing more.

"Bopala?"

"Kuthumi...you fell asleep while we were talking. I tucked you in, and I decided to sleep here in case you woke up and were confused for any reason, or needed to talk. I know it was strange for me my first night here. I didn't know what to think."

"Oh, I'm glad you stayed. I suppose no harm is done, since you were on your side and I was on mine...nothing improper happened between us."