Chapter 1

Kaylee's pov

'What now, leave me alone? I'm sleeping.' I shouted, to the person who has been banging on my door, for probably the last 30 minutes. 'No Kaylee, you need to get up, don't make me get Mason'. Nate my younger brother shouted through the door. But I knew Mason would never come, none of them would, the only person that treats me like they used to is Nate. Ever since we moved to the pack house, everyone treats me more like a slave than a fellow pack member.

'He won't come anyway, you and I both know that. But I'm up now, so shh.' I could hear Nate mutter something but didn't quite catch it. 'Alright Kaylee, hurry up, I'll be waiting outside.'

I didn’t bother replying as I heard him walk away and down the stairs. Eurgh. School. I wonder if I could call in sick. Nah. Nate wouldn’t believe me and I have 3 free periods anyways. I need to catch up on everyone’s homework. Hmm. I wonder if I could just…

‘KAYLEE, GET YOUR ARSE DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW.’ Huh, what? Oh Mason. What would he want; he never talks to me now that we’ve moved?  I need to start paying attention more, and not drifting off.  ‘Yes Mason?’ I hate the way I’ve been ordered to talk to everyone in the house, like they’re above me. I even have to talk to the sluts like they’re royalty, and are the greatest people on earth, but the only thing they are actually ‘great’ at is spreading their legs to anyone with a d*ck.

‘Get down here and I’ll tell you.’ I hate being spoken to like this, but what hurts the most is that Mason used to be my best friend, as there’s only a year between us. We were inseparable, but ever since we’ve moved he’s become best friends with the alpha’s son, and has changed to the inconsiderate asshole that Jared is.

I quickly showered got dressed into my black baggy jeans and an old All Time low shirt. I put my hair into a ponytail and didn’t bother with make up, because who was I trying to impress?  Exactly. I stuffed homework and books into my back pack and ran down the stairs, looking at the floor, but obviously I wasn’t quick enough for my brother because I suddenly felt my cheek sting and a loud slap.

I looked up with tears in my eyes, silently preying that it wasn’t my brother who just did it, but fate seems to hate me, and I saw light sky blue eyes the same as mine, staring straight back at me, with no remorse, guilt or anything, just a smug expression, and a stupid smirk.

I bit back my sobs and blinked my tears away, I didn’t want them to see me like this, weak, pathetic, I had to be strong. ‘Where’s my notes and essay?’ Mason asked still with that smirk plastered on his face, like he was enjoying my pain. That’s what he yelled and slapped me for, he wanted his homework from me? ‘Right here’ I swung my backpack round and grabbed Masons Notebook with his essay inside. Mason snatched it off me, and said ‘I expect a good grade’ then suddenly I was picked up by the front of my shirt and flung at the wall. ‘Or else’. He then had the audacity to smirk, and walk proudly to the front door, and slam it shut without even one glance back.

I then looked around me and realized that the pack were gone, either they left before Mason hurt me or just now, I don’t know, but I suddenly realized that I can put down my guard. I slumped against the wall, and curled up into a ball, and rested my head in my arms, and just cried,  how can my own blood, my brother, the person who’s meant to protect me, be the one that’s hurting me the most. That’s not right it’s wrong. I felt like I’ve been crying for hours, and suddenly stopped when I heard a cough. What, who, Ah Jared.

He was leaning against the wall opposite me with a confused expression, but quickly masked it with a smirk when he saw me looking at him.

‘Aren’t you going to say happy birthday?’ Jared asked me, I looked confused and then I realized it was Jared’s 20th birthday the day he was meant to find his mate. Why isn’t he at school then? Why is he still here with me? ‘Why aren’t you at school?’ I snapped at him, but then my eyes went wide and I realized what I just said my hand went to my mouth, and I looked down whilst mumbling, ‘what, I uhh, meant was umm, don’t you want to find your mate?’ As I ended my question I looked up and gasped when I saw shiny emerald eyes staring right at me, but they were way to close.

Jared stiffened and closed his eyes, as he leaned in and took a deep breath through his nose, like he just smelt something.. delicious? Huh? What am I talking about; no one else is here but us. His eyes opened so quickly and snapped to me, he leaned in towards my neck and planted a kiss there, whilst growling ‘mine’. The electricity I felt was unreal, it was like the story my parents told me about mates, that their current is unexplainable. Huh? What? Mates? I then heard myself growl, ‘mate’, what is my body doing, and mates? My body then leaned into Jareds and kissed his neck, and took a deep breath, the smell. I have never smelt anything more heavenly. Suddenly sharp teeth grazed where my shoulder and collarbone meet, this snapped me back to reality and I pushed Jared away from me. ‘We can’t, you don’t like me that way’, I could tell Jared was still under control by his wolf, as his response was a threatening growl and him pulling me towards him, as he whispered in my ear, ‘mine’.

My resolve was weakening as I thought about having a mate, the person that was supposed to love me unconditionally, this was obviously ruined by the feel of me being thrown against the wall again, I mean seriously? Again?

I shook my head, which was a bad idea, as I’m still feeling dizzy, from the last time. But as I heard my brother Mason yelling at me and asking me ‘WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING, AND THINKING, SERIOUSLY KAY THIS IS NOT LIKE YOU.’ I felt the anger rising in me, and after he said the nickname that I only let him use, I snapped. ‘How dare you. After all you’ve done, you don’t get to call me that, now Mason leave, my mate and I need to talk.’ I know I shouldn’t have mentioned that Jared was my mate but he just made me so angry it just slipped out. I then looked towards my ‘brother’ and Jared to see them both doubled over and laughing, so hard that they both had tears in their eyes.

‘you, you, think that hhee’s your mate?’ Mason tried to say in between laughing. I slowly nodded my head confused at what Mason was saying. Mason then looked towards me and noticed my confused expression, so he turned towards Jared, and asked, ‘Is this true,’ with a serious expression on his face, and all sense of humour disappeared. Jared glanced at me with an expression that I couldn’t place, but then smirked at my brother and replied, ‘As if, her? I don’t think the gods would have been quite so cruel to me, and even if she was you know that I would’ve rejected her.’ I had to bite my lip through the whole conversation as tears clouded my vision, but I didn’t want them to see me cry, so I didn’t blink and kept my head down. Mainly so that I could back away from them and head towards my room. I felt behind me for the banister, and when I finally gripped it, I turned on my heel and ran up the stairs to my room, as soon as I got there I collapsed on my bed, the tears now running freely down my face. 

 --------------------

That's the beginning, it will probs change, and I know it's a bit rubbish but i wanted to upload something.

Vote 

Comment 

And all that jazz

Amelie x