Introducing Lady Sarah, An American Regency Romance

Lady Sarah

Patriots and Seekers series

by Lyn Cote

Blurb:

An American Regency Novel Set in Creole New Orleans

In the early days of the new American nation, fifteen year old Sarah Eastham has all the advantages of social position, wealth and influential friends till an old secret is revealed and plunges her into scandal, one not of her making. Her whole life is upturned and she makes a crucial and disastrous decision to marry the wrong man. In 1796 in the aftermath of that misjudgment, she decides to leave the Eastern seaboard and travel to the Spanish colonial port of New Orleans to begin her life afresh, accompanied by her friend Janine LaFleur, a talented Parisian exile who has family there.

Sarah’s parents try to persuade her to stay with them but when this fails, they hire as her escort and protector, Douglas McKuen, a young Scottish immigrant, who also wants a fresh start. When Sarah meets him, she feels he would be more suited to the classroom as a professor, but he has set his course on trading with the tribes on the northern Mississippi, making maps and his fortune. So the three set out together to begin their new lives. None of them is prepared for the challenges of pirates, the British Navy impressing American seaman, and adjusting to a completely different world, Creole New Orleans. Will they find what they seek? And can Sarah’s wounded heart take another chance on love?

Prologue--next