The Mess We've Made (Julielmo One-shot)

I'd been so strong for so long
I could handle everything

I put my hand on her waist and looked her in the eyes while thinking of a way not to make any of my actions more awkward than it already is.

Now that you've gone through that door,

I can't see anything

He looked at me. I looked back trying to relieve the tension that was so visible yet surprisingly, no one notices. I guess we're that great at faking everything.

I swallow my pain

She serenaded me while occasionally looking at the crowd, trying to make the least number of eye contacts as possible.

Nothing's the same

I look away and proceeded to sing. I needed to stop myself from crying. Trabaho lang 'to, Julie. Matatapos rin 'to in 3 minutes. Konting tiis na lang.

Let this come crashing down

It wasn't always like this. We were in love.

There's no way to fix it now

I looked him in the eye, still singing. 'Anong nangyari sa atin, Elmo? Bakit 'di mo ako pinaglaban?'

We're lost in the crowd

She was staring at me, so I took it as an approval to act how we always did when we performed together. I put my arm around her waist, pulling her close to me. God, I'll miss this.

And our love will soon decay

I just need to be professional right now. Kailangan kong kalimutan na may problema kami. Kailangan kong kalimutan na wala ng "kami". Matapos lang talaga ito. Sandali na lang.

Just look at the mess we've made

Our relationship was foolish and toxic. Masyado naming mahal ang isa't isa. Maybe it would seem like a good thing, but it wasn't. Kailangan naming maalala na hindi lang kami ang tao dito sa mundo.

We both know that we can't stay

Siguro nga, tama siya. I need to forget him.

I was hoping that this would last
I guess I was wrong
I planned out our future together
But now that's all gone

----- flashback -----

"May iba ba, Elmo? Sabihin mo sakin!" Julie said while clutching onto her purse.

"Wala! Hinding hindi kita niloko, Ju---"

"Eh bakit mo ako iiwan?! Bakit ka nakikipag break sa akin?! Wala na ba akong halaga sa----"