Chapter 5

Chapter 5:

TRENT AND JAMIE

(Trent's POV)

  I swirled around in Jamie's old office chair while he paced around, frantically planning out our actions and intentions.

  "We can't be seen by anyone. We can't let anybody else know what's going on. We can't be fucking seen..." Jamie muttered to himself. I focused on one of many blemishes on the ceiling, my Adam's apple bobbing back and forth as I swallowed the saliva in my mouth.

  "Jamie can you please calm down? You're overthinking this way too much -" I started, still swirling and focused on the suspicious brown spot in the ceiling. It kinda looked a little like dried blood...

  "Calm down? Fuck up Trent, I don't want this going belly up. Hellhounds are our shadows," He replied, anxiety throughout his tone.

  "Okay, I don't mean be reckless and stupid, I just mean calm down. We've got this. It's only the two of us doing this, not anybody else. If we fuck up, we die."

  "And possibly Samantha..." he added dismally. I bit my tongue, letting the silence fall between us. I stopped spinning and looked at him with a look that hopefully got to him, and told him that we needed to do something.

  He let out a breath.

  "Calm, not reckless or stupid. Okay. Let's go see Joey."

  I sprung up, straightening the gun in my holster strapped tightly to the side of my leg inside my boot. You never know what kinda shit can go down in Bikie town...

  Jamie adjusted his jacket and shuffled around his pockets, tucking his switchblade carefully away. I guess in the highly likely event of needing to defend ourselves, least we had a little protection. 

  * *

  "Where would Joey be right now?" Jamie asked as we drove along.

  He didn't trust me behind the wheel of a 4 wheeled vehicle, so he drove and I sat with a slight frown beside him, wishing silently his trust in me was stronger than it apparently was. This 'partnership' honestly wouldn't work if we didn't trust each other.

  I racked my brain for where the most likely spots Joey would be at.

  "Um...try Scarlet street tattoo joint. I think he worked there and Sam would deal there privately to his 'clients'. He's probably our strongest ally." I replied, spitting out pretty much everything I knew.

  "Our strongest ally granted he's not in on it..." Jamie muttered with a frown. I shook my head.

  "No, Joey and Sam were tight...very, um, tight," I said, not knowing how to put it that I was pretty sure they were inseparable casual fuck buddies. I'd met him a few times, and there was no way he's against her. If it had not been suggested that they were merely sleeping together, I probably would have thought he was actually in love with her.

  "But you can't be sure of anyone at this stage Trent," Jamie stated, eyes fixed on the road, his expression painfully serious. I shrugged, letting it slide. What exactly was the point in arguing this at the moment? 

  Jamie didn't understand Sam like I did; he was simply the guy that gave her 'work'. Me, I was actually a friend.

  We pulled into the side of the road, across from the tattoo place. This place had a bulletproof glass front, with artwork all on the bricks on the side. It was next to a small pizza place that, from memory, was a complete fucking rip. 

  Jamie unclipped his belt, assessing the place before opening the door slightly.

  "Okay, it looks all clear here," he said and I rolled my eyes, opening the door and stepping out. Jamie followed.