Breakthrough

Onnica's POV 

"Whoa, you think I'm beautiful?" 15 year old Nicky Wheeler asked as she blushed scarlet. The way her cheeks were burning, she could swear she was on fire. 

He nodded, smiling. A thousand butterflies fluttered in Nicky's stomach. She was so happy she was going to burst. She knew it. She was going to burst into a million pieces. She couldn't believe her ears. The most gorgeous guy, in her opinion had just said she, Onnica Crystal Wheeler was beautiful. She lowered her eyes to the ground, afraid of showing him how happy she was. 

"Nicky, look at me", he whispered. 

She raised her eyes tentatively. The greenness of his eyes absorbed her, sending her to a beautiful magical place. 

"I like you, very much", he said. 

The melody of his voice just firmly asserted the notion that she was in heaven. If it was a dream, she didn't want to wake up, ever. 

"Earth to Nicky", a magnificent voice managed to enter her ears, amidst all the great melodies that were busy filling her ears, promising her eternal happiness. The voice just fit in perfectly in her heaven, no, their heaven. 

Didn't her name just sound so beautiful when he said it? 

"Josh, I, I'm sorry. I like you too, very much", she said nervously, twirling her hair around her finger as she did. 

"So, will you allow me to make you the happiest girl in the whole world?" he asked, taking her right hand in his. 

That touch alone was enough to send Onnica back to the beautiful magic world. The sensations it generated could not be explained. The warmth of his hand just flowed through Onnica's body, making her mind a little bit fuzzy. 

"Yes", she barely got out. 

He leaned closer, closer, until they were inches apart. She could smell his breath, cherry flavor. His mouth inched closer to hers, closer... 

                                                                                 *

"What the hell have you done?" Gia said, looking at me as if she would kill me. 

I hadn't noticed her come out of the fitting room. I had been so occupied with my thoughts that everything had become oblivious to me. Ever since her phone rang...her phone! 

"What the hell were you doing with my phone? Answer me!" Gia spit. 

She looked like a venomous snake, ready to strike. Once again, eyes were focused on us. Gia sure knew how to grab attention. 

"It rang, I, I...It was a mistake Gia, I dropped it by mistake", I said. 

I sounded like a kid who'd done wrong and her parents had found out. I hated myself. I always let Gia win. Gia was barely a teenager, yet she threw tantrums and I apologized. I would have made a bad parent. Would Tim have been like this? 

"...and you did not bother to pick it up. You know what, I want to go home, take me home!" 

I stood up and walked hurriedly towards the door. Tears were welling up in my eyes and I didn't want to show them to Gianna. 

I heard a loud sigh behind me. 

"Nicky", Gia said softly. Was she going to apologize? ...Gia?