You'll Always Be Mine - Chapter Fifteen - Epilogue

• Dedicated to To everyone reading this. Thank you.

Chapter Fifteen – Epilogue.

Summer’s POV

Happy and excited nerves bubbled up inside me; I’d been looking forward to this day for a while. The music started so I smoothed down my dress, took a deep breath and stepped out. Walking slowly along the short aisle, I tried not to look at Lewis too much but I couldn’t help it. He looked amazing. Our eyes met and he gulped, making me feel a thousand feet tall. For the short time it took we were completely alone, everyone else disappeared.

As I reached the end, I stepped to the side and looked back for Becca, who had just started walking towards Henry. At first I was disgusted that my like-sister was seeing my brother but they were happy, and after everything we’d all been through that was all I wanted for them. When Henry proposed I was almost as excited as Becca. We spent hours flicking through wedding magazines and attending wedding fairs. Finally, everything came together and they were getting married.

Their relationship was fast; after they met it took them six weeks to start dating, four months later Henry proposed and five months after that they were tying the knot. That didn’t matter though; they loved each other and deserved all the happiness in the world.

Throughout the whole ceremony I kept stealing glances at Lewis, and he did the same. Things were better between us, we were friends I guess. I wanted more though and I just hoped that he would eventually forgive me and give us another chance; I wasn’t going to beg for it though.

The ceremony, that was being held in a small four star hotel, wasn’t a religious one so it didn’t last very long. They stuck to the traditional civil vows and had one poem read out so it was over in twenty minutes. I cried when they exchanged rings and had their first married kiss.

Henry smiled proudly and as he held his new wife’s hand and led her out of the building, while everyone else stood up, clapped and cheered.

I followed the other guests out the side door to get ready with confetti for when they came back around. Mum was practically jumping up and down as she watched out for them. “You’re not throwing that crap too, are ya?” Lewis asked, nudging me playfully.

“It’s tradition. Don’t be a grumpy old man and throw some,” I told him, digging my hand into the box and handing him some confetti. Our hands brushed against each other’s, making my heart skip a beat.

The past eleven months of being his ex was hell. I hated seeing him and not being able to touch or kiss him. Our relationship now was confusing; we weren’t together but neither of us had been with anyone else, and we spent most of our time together. He was probably the most supportive person in my life and came with me to every counselling session I had. He waited in reception for me but he was still there and held me after every difficult session until I’d stopped crying.

He smiled and gave a sarcastic, ‘Thanks,’ in reply. “I’ll give you twenty quid if you tip that box down Henry’s trousers,” he whispered, nodding his head to the little white box of confetti.

Scrunching my nose up, I stared at him in disgust. “I am going nowhere near my brother’s trouser area! You do it.”

“And what do I get if I do?”

“What do you want?”

He smirked and leant closer. “Dangerous game, Sum.” I wanted to say that whatever it was I probably wanted to do it anyway but I kept my mouth shut and rolled my eyes. “You staying here tonight?”

“Hope not. It’s gonna take a lot of convincing to get them to let me stay at home alone though.” I was eighteen bloody years old; officially an adult but they still wouldn’t leave me alone for the night. Of course I understood why but Clover was dead, there was no danger from him anymore.