12 ~ She's On My Mind

Michael's POV (6 months Later) ^(I really like this song. You don't have to listen to the songs in this chapter if you don't want to)

I stared at the half finished building. Its been six months since I broke up with Kelly and I've been miserable. She's always on my mind. I put the hard hat on and walked inside the building. This one was going to be the new building for Kelly. Yes, she was promoted and I felt the need to give her own building.

This however meant we weren't going to see each other, but I knew she didn't mind that. I know this because she's been avoiding me. Everyone in the office can sense the awkwardness that was between us. But I was the one to blame.

The men and women were working very hard making sure the building was perfect. The only thing that needed to be done was the putting up of the windows and some furniture. Kelly had already picked marble flooring and gold linings. Almost similar to my building.

My inspections continued when I heard heels crack against the floor. I turned and saw Kelly. She as well as one of the workers were carrying loads of food and drinks. She had brought them food.

She dropped the food on a table and allowed everyone a break from work. She walked over to me and looked at the building.

"It's coming really nice isn't it?" She nodded and continued to walk.

"I'm not telling you what to do but since their adding several offices down here I think you should pick this one to be your office" she looked to where I was pointing and nodded. Why wasn't she talking to me!?

Kelly walked around and peaked into some of the finished rooms they had made. She didn't look or speak to me once. I saw her walk towards the door and knew she was leaving. I ran after here not before telling everyone that they were doing a really good job.

"Kelly" I ran after her. Six months was too long and I needed her back.

She reaches her car and stopped. Slowly turning she look at me she crossed her hands across her chest.

"What do you want Michael. I have a job to do" I hated how she looked at me. Like I was Taylor.

"Dinner. Tonight" she scoffed and started to walk to the drivers side. I ran to her and grabbed her arm. She yanked it from my arms.

"Let go of me. You think after what you did to me almost seven months ago is going to be erased over dinner"

"I was hopping it would be" I really wanted her back. She's was girl that was one of a kind. She was the woman I had let go and wanted back.

"Then you don't know me at all. You're part of the past and that's where I want you to be" she got in the car and started it, and with that she was gone.

Kelly's POV

That was the hardest thing I could've done. I actually looked Michael in the eye and denied having dinner with him. In reality I really wanted to go. 

These past few months have been so hard. Everyday I walked into work and had to fight off every single fiber in my body not to take his offer.

I walked inside the apartment and plopped down on my couch. I didn't know if I should go see him. I'm telling you guys I've ever felt this way about anyone. I mean even with Taylor I didn't feel this way.

I made my way to my room and stared at the door of my closet. I decided that I was going to surprise Michael. Was this the smartest decision? I didn't know but this was something I had to do.

£££

Michael's POV

I was stirring the rice when I heard the doorbell ring. I had invited Kelly over here earlier but I knew she wasn't going to come. Wilma was out of school since it was June but she was at her mother's house for the week.

Lowering the temperature of the stove I ran to door to see Kelly. She was standing there looking very uncertain.

"Kelly what are you doing here" I didn't expect her to come, but I still made extra just in case.

"You invited me was I not to come" she walked inside my home and straight to the kitchen. I was beyond confused, but happy at the same time. Did this mean she'll take me back?

I followed her and saw her putting more spices into the rice. She then turned to loo at me.

"I don't know what this means. You hurt me in a way I never thought you would so if I do take you back we're gonna have to set some rules" I nodded.

***

The dinner was great. We laughed and talked and it was as if we never were broken up.

Currently we were sitting on the couch eating ice cream and drinking. Did I mention we were also cuddling!?

She snuggled closer to me then looked up. Her eyes locked with mine and felt both of us leaning in, we would've kissed had my front door not open and Wilma not start talking.

Wilma turned the lights on, but she still didn't see us, she however talking.

"Dad you won't believe mom, like she's insane. Why are the lights closed. It smells good in here what you make?" She finally looked up and saw me and Kelly now standing up looking at her.

"Ohhhhh...you two are back together now. Thank God I was starting to get sick and tired of dad crying in his room listening to 'Ain't No Sunshine' and singing it. I'm telling you Kelly he was locked in the room. Singing, "ain't no sunshine when she's gone," Wilma kept going and going exposing me to Kelly.

"Enough. She gets it, go upstairs now" Kelly was trying not to laugh. She bent her head down and I can see her shoulders jumping up and down. Wilma looked at me one last time and ran up the stairs. She too was laughing.

This was completely embarrassing.

"Ain't no sunshine when she's gone, it's not warm when she's away" Kelly was singing to me. I turned to look at her and grabbed her on my arms.

"Ain't no sunshine when she's gone and she's always gone to long any time she goes away" we sang together as we swayed in the living room.

Wilma's POV

After I embarrassed my dad I went upstairs. I was making my way to my room when I remembered I forgot my purse downstairs. I walked to the stairs and heard a soft voice sing Ain't no Sunshine. I slowly walked down carefully, trying not to make myself known.

Right in the living room stood Kelly and dad dancing. They sang the song together and even joked when they got to "I know" part.

I forgot my purse and walked up the stairs. It was a happy sight seeing them together. It was what they both needed and I hoped they will stay together forever this time.

Word Count: 1219