Chapter 23..

Christian...

It's been three days since Ava has woken up and she's been getting even better and stronger. The doctor wanted to make sure she was strong enough to leave and thank goodness she is. I don't about anybody else but watching Ava lay there in that ambulance and in the hospital bed really mad it harder for me to keep my anger at bay. I wanted to kill that fucker for the pain he's inflicted on Ava but I wanted to be there for her. I only suffered a few bruises and a sprained hand from punching Calvin but other than that I'm good.

As soon as I was bandaged up I went looking for my Ava. I never once left her side unless it was extremely necessary; i.e. calling her family and talking to the police. When I called her mother I nearly went deaf when she let out a cry. It's like I could feel the pain she was going through. Even when her mom, dad and siblings came it was like I was hurting even more. The police had came in and talked to me. I had no choice but to tell them everything even though that meant losing my job. I told them everything from how I met Ava to the first time I saw Ava in my class. They said they would be in contact with me but they will of course need Ava's statement when she woke up.

The president of the school got in contact with me and I was due for a meeting with the board to decide what they're going to do about this. But whatever their decision is it won't matter because I'll be taking over my family's company. I just don't know if Ava wants to talk to me. She still hasn't said a word to me so I've kept my distant. I do go and see her but I don't stay too long.

Today is just like any other day I'm going to see Ava then I'm going off to the office to finish some paperwork.

I made my way up to the third floor where the nurses greeted me. They all knew by now I would be coming since the day Ava was brought in. I waved at Debra who was Ava's go to nurse. She was a middle age Hispanic nurse. Ava's go to nurse for everything; she made sure she was comfortable at all times. 
As I made my way closer to Ava's door I could hear muffled speaking behind the door. Assuming its Ava and company I knocked but I didn't get a response just muffling that was heard.

I slowly turned the door knob and the muffled sounds became more clearly. But nobody was present in the room. The curtains were pulled to the side to let some sunlight not that there was any. The television was on but was muted. And there was no sign of Ava in her room.

"Ava" I called out but got no response. The nurses didn't say anything about Ava going out her room today so why isn't she in here. That's when I heard whimpering and I automatically knew that it was Ava's.

I went straight to the bathroom and found her by the sink on the floor with a face full of tears.

"Ava what's wrong"?

She just whimpered but her eyes remained closed.

"Ava please talk to me" I urged.

Still nothing was said. I took that as my cue to bring her back to the bed. I slowly picked her up and walked over to the bed where I laid her down. Then a screeching cry came from her and her eyes were open wide and full of fear.

"Ava relax baby, it's me Christian".

She turned in my direction and just stared at me.

"Christian" she said softly.

"Yes baby I'm Christian".

"My knight and shining armor" she said as if she was in a trance or something.

"Yes baby, the one and only".

She continued to stare into my eyes and I couldn't believe my Ava was going through all this. I would do anything and I mean anything to take away all the memories and pain she's feeling. I've loved her long enough and I probably will continue to love her for the rest of my being.