Under The Willow Tree

Under the Willow Tree

* if you would, please, comment/vote/ or become a fan, i would read anything you ask, Imo new at writing this story.... thanx! <3*

They call me evil, a hideous monster. That is no stereotype. I am evil, born onto this Earth for one purpose-to kill others. I am a hideous monster- cracks and crevices cover my entire almost transparent profile. I did not want this life. I did not choose to be what I am. It just happened. On one cold, dark, September night, my mother birthed me under a Willow tree, and she named me Willow. I do not go by that name any longer because Willow is such a beautiful, and intelligent name, but I am neither of those things. Born on the 12th night of September, 1845, I was a human infant. But, now, i no longer have the need to breathe, to eat, or sleep. No longer can I look in the hall mirror and smile at myself in satisfaction. I thirst for a power than no animal may possess.

*Flashback, in case you didn't know.*

"Only humans," my Creator taught me. "Only humans can quench the longing, the need." He spoke the last syllable with such retched hatred that I almost was forced to gag.

"What need, Creator?" I asked foolishly from the shadows of the alleyway. He stood from the crate he sat perched upon.

"A need so powerful you could only destroy yourself trying to fight against. A need that will do anything to be fulfilled. Do not fight the need, young fledgling, for you may kill yourself and save the trouble that so many humans go through." He always spoke in riddles. I always had to figure out the meanings.

"I do not understand." I said fearful of the answer.

"Willow, son, do you no know about the outside world in which you were raised?" The cracks in his forehead grew longer in question.

"I do not, sir.' When I became........how I am, I lost all memory of the human world.

"Why ever not?" He sat back down on the crate and pulled out a small dark vile of thick, liquid. I stared at him in question, as I climbed up onto a garbage bin, and perched.

"Once again, I do not know. When I was Directed to come into this new life by you, I had no recollection of my past, if I ever had one. Is that unnatural, sir?"

"Very." He said, itching behind his ear. "Care for a drink, Will?" His horrifying face stared at me like a shining light in the dark alley. His elongated teeth shown out from his cracked lips. "This fulfills the need. Try it." He strode over to me, a disgusting smiling on his face. I hissed at my creator, and sunk my head. The creator's smile fell from his transparent face.

"I'm sorry, sir. I have not had much training in this new life. Please forgive me." Why had I done that?

"Of course, Willow. The sun is rising- we must return to the Tunnels. Come, Willow, and do not linger." I stood, watching as he jumped onto the roof of the bar, wary of the passersby on the busy streets below. I did not move a muscle. For the vile that my Creator held was lying on the cold ground, broken. He must've left it, for a test. Or to seek revenge for the outburst.

"Willow!! You must come!" He shouted from above me.

"One moment, sir."

"If you do not come now, you will be burned terribly. I told you about the sunlight. Now COME!" He usually does not get so upset about things like my slowness. I sense a human near me. That must be it! The reason my Creator is so afraid!

"I understand that, sir. Please give me a moment." I grabbed the vile off the alley ground as I jumped into the garbage bin I was in before, hiding from the human.