You Thought You Knew

(Well, time to answer one of the questions... and add a few hundred more. Figured I'd update again since you guys don't get mad when I need an extra week :3)

Callem-

The staff returned following Parker. He must have gotten them, because they hurried over to Micah and got him out of the room before returning a few minutes later to check the machines he'd changed. They didn't seem happy, but when they began trying to put the needles back in and hook Fri up, I stepped between them and him, baring my teeth in warning. 

"He does not need those things. Leave him be." 

They looked at each other with knowing eyes, and I realized that when we left, they could just reconnect the machines. I was just opening my mouth to tell them that I'd kill them if they caused him more harm when Parker stepped between us. 

"We would appreciate that any changes from here on out are run through our friend who brought him in, and signed as his guardian, from what I saw on the papers you were reading." 

The two doctors, both men, narrowed their eyes over the masks on their faces, but took a step back. Parker held his phone out toward the doctors, a grin on his face. "He's waiting to talk to you. He can answer any verification questions about his identity."

The two men looked at each other, then the slightly taller one with graying hair reached out, taking the device and placing it at his ear as he pulled his mask down to hang around his neck. Their conversation was quiet, their voices low likely because of Fri sleeping behind us. When they finally hung up the phone and handed it back to Parker, they seemed tired. 

"He confirmed that what you say goes, for now. We will need him to come in, however, to sign for the changes in care." The man said. 

"How long did he say he would be?" Parker asked. 

We will wait for him. 

The man frowned, but replied. "About seven hours." 

He's probably at work and planning to visit Ocar. 

Parker ran a hand through his hair, sighing as he dropped into one of the chairs placed around the room. "We'll wait, then." 

The doctors scowled, but they eventually nodded and left us alone, shutting the door behind them. When no one returned for a few moments, I let myself finally relax and climbed into Parker's lap. I knew that I was a bit big, and maybe a little heavy, but when his arms came around me and held me close, everything felt so right. 

"Hey there, Cal," he whispered as he grinned at me, my head resting against his shoulder. I began to sing quietly, the sound rising from my throat to vibrate through the room quietly. Parker's arms held me closer as he buried his face in my hair, his whole body relaxing. 

I loved that I could do this for him, to him. My song called to him, but also allowed him complete calm. He had been cautious of it at first. Fighting the hold. I remember when we first met. When I would sing because I was lonely. My heart thumped happily in my chest at the memories as I let my eyes close, enjoying the peace. 

Whispered voices slowly woke me. The steady beeping of a few machines helped pull me back completely, my eyes blinking open sleepily. I turned, yawning as I got to my feet and looked at Oliver. 

"Good evening, Callem." He said, then turned his attention back to Parker. "I've signed all the paperwork and spoke with Micah when I caught him on his way into the elevator. I don't know what his story is, and he seemed a bit dazed, but what he suggested about the machines, and what medication to give Fri, made sense, so we'll keep it the same for now."