Chapter 49

Guys I think the next chapter will be the last, this is so weird and scary and sad. How is this coming to an end? Thank you for the comments and the votes. I hope you like it! 

Laila

I hurried to the door knowing it was Zion, I smiled to myself. "Boy I'm coming!" when I opened the door he was standing there with a face of thunder and I instantly knew something was wrong. "Baby what happened?" I said ushering him into the house and onto the sofa. The kids were so busy watching their show they barely even moved when he came into the room.

"Can we talk in the kitchen?" he said in a dark voice, I suddenly got worried, what was he going to tell me? Things were going so well between us, it couldn't be about us, right? I nodded and followed him to the kitchen and watched as he went to my drinks cupboard, he hardly ever drank and I knew then that this was serious. "Zion, baby what's wrong?"

"She's pregnant." He said putting his hands in his hands after he had downed his shot of tequila.

"Who?" I said confused, he couldn't possibly mean Asia could he?

"Naomi."

"WHAT?!" I was shocked, the shy girl I had known for so long was pregnant? I didn't believe it.

"How could I let this happen?" He said crying. He looked so weak as he leant for the bottle again I stopped him.

"Baby that's not the way to handle this."

"Laila she's my little girl, I was supposed to protect her from things like this. It's not Josh's." I tried to contain my shock but failed miserably and my hand collided with my mouth. He had tears in his eyes and I knew he was upset.

"You know how old my aunt was when she had her, 15, she knows how hard it is to be a young mother, what would posses her?"

"Zion I know this isn't what you want to hear but you and I aren't in a position to judge, I was around the same age when I got pregnant and yeah it was hard but we made it out the other side and I wouldn't change it for a thing." He closed his eyes and leant his head back as if he was trying to think.

"I know Laila, I know, but this isn't okay." I nodded and followed him up the stairs as he got into bed. "I'll be down in a bit, I just need to sleep this anger off." I nodded and gave him a kiss on the cheek before leaving him to sleep. I walked down the stairs and slipped onto my trainers. I had to talk to Naomi, from Zion's reaction I knew he'd probably lashed out on her now. That wasn't what she needed.

**

"If you came to shout at me, don't. I just re did my make up." She said closing the door behind me.

"No Nay that's not why I'm here. Are you okay?" I said walking with her to the kitchen. She put on the kettle and smiled weakly.

"Been better, been worse."

"How far along are you?"

"Two months." She said nervously. "I don't know how to be a mother Laila, I barely had a mother, how the fuck am I gonna raise this child."

"Is the father around?" she smiled lightly.

"He won't go away. I told him about 2 weeks ago. He calls every hour, got me all them supplements and shit. I think he wants it more than me."

"Don't do this for anyone else but you Nay, children are hard work, the first few months with Imani and Riley I couldn't look at them without seeing Zion, it made me resent them, resent my own kids. Don't do this if you're not ready."

"Laila, I made my bed," her voice started cracking. "And Lord knows I'm gonna have to lie in it."  I came closer to her and put my arms around her and she let out this painful sob. I knew how scary this position was to be in, but at least she had someone, whoever this guy was.