Chapter Eighteen-Jealousy

• Dedicated to Anyone who votes for every chapter of my book.

Louis' POV

I slammed the door to my room. It's not fair that Lily loves Niall. How can she not love me?

I looked at my Twitter account and Niall's.

Niall has more followers than me. The shame.

Face it Louis. She probably loves him more. It doesn't matter that you were told she had depression and Niall wasn't. It doesn't matter that you sang to her when she was down.

It doesn't matter. It probably never did.

Lily doesn't love me. She loves one of my best mates.

It hurts, but I know I'll have to get over it.

I walked over to my bed and sat on the edge of it. An idea popped into my mind.

 I'll take Lily to the Eiffel Tower! That's one of the main attractions of Paris!

She will love it, and maybe even dump Niall to come to me!

That's a bad thought, Louis. Niall's your mate. Even if he has the girl that you might want that shouldn't come between you. Besides, he probably doesn't even know you like her, Louis. He's innocent.

I opened my laptop and typed in Eiffel Tower tickets. I bought two for tomorrow. I'm going to ask her out...

Lily's POV

I wonder what's wrong with Louis?

Niall had pulled out of our hug to talk to the other guys about something, so I took the opportunity to creep away to see Louis.

I walked to the bedrooms.

Now which room was he staying in again? Do I even know?

I waked past Niall's room.

I realised I don't know what room is Louis. Well, I can't help him... Wait. All the doors are open except one down the hall. Louis' room.

I opened the door and walked in.

Louis instantly shut his laptop.

"Oh... Uh... Hey." He said.

"Why did you storm off like that? Is something wrong?" I asked him.

"Uh..." He scratched the back of his neck and looked at the ground.

"Yes? No? Maybe." He replied.

"You just gave me three answers. How am I supposed to know which answer is the right one?" I asked.

"You don't." He replied.

"Come on Louis. I know something is wrong. You don't have to hide anything from me." I said as I stood next to him.

Louis POV

"Come on Louis. I know something is wrong. You don't have to hide anything from me." She said. Her voice sounded so reassuring and she smelled like honey. I wanted to confess my love right there on the spot. But I couldn't. She'll know tomorrow anyway.

"I was just annoyed I didn't bet on you guys, that's all." The lie came out of my mouth before I could stop it.

I practically felt her body tense up.

"Is that it?" She asked, her voice no longer reassuring, but cold and hard and bitter.

"Yes." I said, my back was still turned to her. I felt guilty, she doesn't deserve to be lied to.

She mumbled something under her breath and walked away. She slammed the door.

What did I do?

Lily's POV

"I was just annoyed I didn't bet on you guys, that's all."  Was his answer.

Who wants to bet on a couple? Seriously? He's rich anyway.

But what if he's lying. What if that was the best excuse he could muster because of this huge problem that's eating him up from the inside?

"Is that it?" I asked. My voice sounding colder and harsher than I meant it to sound.

It seemed that he paused slightly, but it could've been my imagination.

"Yes." He said. He didn't turn to face me.

"What. An. Arrogant. Jerk." I muttered under my breath and left.

I slammed the door behind me and walked back to the lounge room.

I've decided that I'm never going to have anything to do with that jerk, Louis Tomlinson, ever again.

Even if I will see him every day of my entire life.