Chapter 13

Snowdrop padded out of the medicine den, the scent of herbs lingering on her pelt. As she looked around, Rosepetal walked over.

“How are they?”

“Tallears is fine. I gave him some poppy seeds so he’s asleep. Foxheart refused to stay in the medicine den, so he went out to hunt. Violetheart was the worst unfortunately. She took a killing blow, which was meant for Tallears’s throat, to the shoulder in order to save him and also has a torn ear. I gave her some poppy seeds as well as cobweb, Goldenrod, and Horsetail. She’s resting with Tallears and Cloudpaw.”

Rosepetal nodded and headed over to Cindertail, wincing in pain as she walked. Cindertail rushed over to meet her and sniffed Rosepetal’s left forearm.

“Did you tell Snowdrop that you were injured in the fight, or did you you just ask how Tallears is?”

Rosepetal looked forward guiltily. “I only asked how Tallears was, not about my leg.”

Cindertail hissed softly and padded towards Snowdrop.

Oh great, I have to stay in the medicine den until my leg heals, fun…

Snowdrop rushed over to Rosepetal, sniffed her leg, and shoved her towards the medicine den.

“Why didn't you tell me you were hurt, I asked everyone and you said no!”

“Sorry Snowdrop, I would rather be out hunting then stuck in your den though.”

Snowdrop snorted at Rosepetal and padded over to her herbs stash, grabbing Goldenrod.

“You won't be very happy stuck here if you got an infection would you?!”

Rosepetal looked at her paws. “No, I suppose not.”

As Snowdrop further examined Rosepetal she suddenly gasped.

“What, what did you find?!”

“You're going to have kits!” Snowdrop cried in delight.

Kits?! I'm going to have Buckwheat’s kits!

Rosepetal began to purr in delight as Cloudpaw awoke sleepily.

“Who's having kits? Oh, Rosepetal’s having kits,congratulations!”

“Thanks, Buckwheat is going to be so happy!”

Rosepetal stood up and padded out of the den, walking over to Buckwheat.

“Guess what, we're going to have kits!”

Buckwheat, who had been eating, dropped his meal and stared.

“Oh my goodness, I'm going to be a father?!”

“Yes, the father to our kits!” Rosepetal purred.

Buckwheat licked Rosepetal’s head happily and padded over to Foxheart to tell him the good news. Rosepetal then turned back to the medicine den to ask Snowdrop when she should move to the nursery. As she walked in, Cloudpaw was speaking with Tallears.

“Tallears, your awake! Are you feeling better?”

“Oh I'm feeling great after the news I just heard. You're going to have kits, that's wonderful!”

Rosepetal purred quietly, smiling, and trotted over to Snowdrop.

“When should I move to the nursery?”

Snowdrop turned from the herb pile and smiled. “Probably in a moon or so, but stay here until that leg has healed."

Rosepetal nodded and curled up in the nest closest to the entrance to watch the sky turn orange in the last light of day.

I guess I'll get some sleep now. Rosepetal thought resting her head near her tail and slept.

Once again, Rosepetal had woken up in Starclan and had the same dream she had before. The dream of the prophecy. Over and over, night after night, she had the dream until she could no longer bear it.

“That’s it, I'm going to visit Starclan at the moonpool.”