Chapter 9 Light and Darkness

It's dark, making it hard to see, shadows shifted around as if mocking the last two people alive in the room. Bloody shoes walked across a light that peeked out from under the door, casting a shine on the dark red substance that smeared them.

"Where's that last brat." The man sneered, keeping his eyes peeled for any movement in the darkness. The room was quite, of course from the occasional drip of blood behind him.

The noise still kept him alert and caused him to turn around gazing at the five animatronics hunched over pulled just out of sight. His eyes followed along Freddy, Bonnie, Foxy, and Chica. An extra freddy suit hidden off behind them in the corner.

The man sneered seeing an eye ball finally unlatch from one of the poor victims head bouncing before snapping off and rolling to the floor close to his foot, almost watching him. Though he didn't care kicking it to the side as he took a step forward away from the poor victims.

"Come on out little boy, uncle Afton isn't going to hurt you." Afton sang almost as he crept forward keeping his voice low. It was a lie, and he and the child both knew it, though he felt as if he still needed to try and coax the boy out. Like trying to call for a cat. It just wasn't going to work with a simple pspsp.

After stopped in his long strides, looking around once again trying to spot anything out of place in parts and services. He can't believe he let this kid outsmart him, kick him and then dash off in the madness of his friends trying to fight off the purple man.

Afton held his breath, hoping that would heighten his senses, keeping his eyes peeled for anything that may move. In the silence he heard shaky breathing. In a moment his head snapped towards the sound barely making out sneakers hidden behind a music box behind the shelf close to the door he just passed.

How did the kid get all the way up there?

Afton furrowed his brow, ignoring the music box as he stalked forward. The sneakers retracted and the shaky breathing stopped.

"Fredrick? Gregory?" A woman's voice broke the eerie silence, she seemed to stop just outside the parts and service door casting the room into utter darkness as she shouted again.
"Has anyone seen my boys?!" She seemed distressed as she shouted their names again asking anyone if they've seen them as she moved away.

The last little boy hiccuped, and Afton put two and two together easily. The poor boy had no idea his killer was aware of where he was hiding and that he just gave himself up upon hearing his mother's desperate cries. It wasn't safe, and fate was cruel today.

A shrill scream filled the silence as Afton lunged, grabbing the boys ankle fighting him off the shelf which he clung to.

"NO!!! NO!!!! GET OFF ME! MOM!!! MOM IM IN HERE! HE HURT FRE-" the little boy screamed and fought trying to let his mother know he was here that he was alive and that his brother needed help. But his screams went unheard, especially after Afton quickly covered his mouth.

The boy still screamed and fought hands still gripping the shelf unable to be torn from it. In a desperate attempt to get Afton off him the boy bit harshly down on his attackers hand drawing blood and a loud yelp as Afton instinctively let go stumbling back.

The sudden force of the boy being let go caused him to slam into the shelf breaking it and causing it to slide off to the side. Unable to continue holding on he lost his grip, screaming as he tried to catch himself on to the next shelf, though his effort was in vain as he missed it.

By the time Afton recovered from being bitten, it was too late. Second quickly passed and the boy fell backwards, for an adult it wasn't that far of a fall, but for a kid, such a fall was deadly.