Chapter 18 - Caught In The Act

(A re-write of chapter 18 as it bothered me. Let's forget about it lol.)

Yin Yang screamed. He couldn't tell who screamed, only that it was one of immense pain and fear. The oven blasted fires around his already scalding body. Desperately, he gripped at the grates, waves of pain shooting up his arms.
He didn't want to die. Not now.

Low and behold, Yin Yang's need for attention had become his downfall.

"You a-are so dumb...
Yang, I- augh! I-it burns! Help me stand up, please!"
Yang wanted to. Truly, he did, but both him and Yin could feel consciousness slipping from their two-sided grip.
His limbs shut down, numb to the burning sensation coursing in his veins, horror snatching his last thought as he was scalded to an uncomfortable death.

The oven door opened. Light flooded the scene, cascading down the lump of cake - and Yin Yang's body. MePad hurriedly closed the oven door; even the sight of Yin Yang's corpse gave him no emotion.

"Sir," MePad started in a monotone voice. "The cake is undercooked and unsafe for consumption. I would call that an immediate loss for the Bright Lights."
MePhone snorted, evidently impatient. "It's fiiiine. If it's food, it's safe for consumption."
The counsellor widened his eyes at his boss, hoping they shared some sort of understanding. "It's... not food, sir."

MePhone took his word for it without wanting any further conflict. "Okay, Grand Slams, show me what you've got!"

Confused murmurs broke out between Lightbulb and Paintbrush. "Was it that bad?" The blonde asked, getting a shrug in return.
"T-that must've really sucked, eh, Marsh?" Paintbrush chuckled in an attempt to lighten her mood. But Marshmallow continued to stare at the floor, white bangs shielding her face.

Bushes rustled behind the trio. Test Tube, Fan and Knife sneaked out of it to not cause a scene.
Fan approached Paintbrush. "What's going on? Is MePhone eating our cake yet?"
"JESUS CHRIST!" The taller exclaimed with a jump. "Where the hell did you go? You cost us the challenge!"

Fan nodded in response yet his eyes were elsewhere. In front of the oven was an all-too-familiar sight - a yellow sheet of paper.

Minutes later, the challenge concluded in its usual form. MePhone flourished his arms to the cameras with as much charm as a dead goldfish. "What a delicious challenge! It was a piece of cake for the Grand Slams, whereas the Bright Lights did muffin special. Vote for who you want to see out in the next episode!"

Test Tube concluded, "It was theoretically impossible for us to win; most of our teammates are below 6 foot." This earned glares from the others.
"A-and, uh, where's Yin Yang?" She fixed her glasses as if he'd appear out of thin air.
Before anybody could reply, MePad approached the team, Toilet trailing behind.

"Yooo MePad, how are you?" Lightbulb leaned on the counsellor as if he were a wall, resulting in a gentle push.
"I'm very good, thank you."
"Fully charged?" Fan snickered, reaching to high-five Lightbulb. Both missed.
"Indeed. A full 8 hours of sleep is very important. Anyways, me and Mr MePhone would like to have a discussion with your team. May you please gather at the oven?"

Marshmallow, shocked, felt a new wave of tears hit her as she realised what was about to happen. Paintbrush stroked her head with a shaking hand as they followed the tall counsellor.

'Toilet is oddly quiet.' Fan noticed, unwilling to speak.

Brushing off his suit with a smug expression was MePhone as he stood at the door of the giant oven. "This cake must be really bad if we couldn't even show it." He rolled his sapphire eyes.

With the help of the oddly silent Toilet, MePad opened the oven door. The host's smile faded as the group took in the sight.
"Oh my god."
"You guys were supposed to watch him!"
"N-no...weird boy is dead.."