Chapter Three

Redoing the chapter!! I don't know how long the time skip is between the two of you becoming half ghosts... so it's going to be two weeks 😁 Enjoy!
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
It has been about two weeks since you and Danny had become half ghosts. You were now sitting beside Danny in the Fenton lab while Mr. Fenton was teaching a kind of lecture about ghosts.
"So, Danny, you and your little friends want to hunt ghosts?" asked Mr. Fenton. Danny shook his head and said, "Uh, actually, Dad? I want to be an astronaut."
Sam nodded in agreement. "Sorry, Mr. Fenton. I was into ghosts, but they're so mainstream now. They're like cellphones."
Tucker put on a smirk, and you knew he was about to say something completely untrue. And so he did. "Waste these looks and all this charisma hunting ghosts? Criminal," he said.
You rolled your eyes and said, "Yeah, Mr. Fenton. I'm more into astronomy." (I'm sorry if you're not)
Jack put his fists on his waist. "Well, if you do want to hunt ghosts, there are a few things you need to learn." He turned to the lab table filled with equipment.
You felt a chill up your spine as blue mist escapes your mouth. You turned to Danny, seeing that his mouth, too, is expelling blue mist.
"Oh no," he whispers. He eyes turn to you and he nods, signaling that he feels the chill, too. (In case you don't know, when the ghost duo feels a chill and blue mist comes from there mouth, that means a ghost is near.)
The portal door starts opening, revealing the ghost dimension. "This isn't good," you say.
Two ectopuses come out of the portal. They're green and slimy, with devious fangs. They grab Sam and Tucker around they're mouths and lift them from their chairs. Meanwhile, Mr. Fenton is still tinkering with lab equipment. "True," he starts, "I've never seen a ghost, but when I do, I'll be prepared. And so will you. Whether you want to be or not."
Your eyes grow wide, as Sam and Tucker are still in the ghosts' grasps. Suddenly, Danny grabs your arm and stands up from his chair, taking you with him.
"We have to go ghost," he whispers to you, and you nod in agreement. A white light circles around you as feel the change inside your chest. Yes, it feels weird, but you'll get used to it. Hopefully.
The two white circles go up and down your body, transforming you into a black and white jumpsuit, makes no your eyes green and your hair white. It always made you feel weird. "Let's go."
You fly toward the ectopuses and start fighting them. Still oblivious, Mr. Fenton says, "It all starts with your equipment."
Finally, you manage to get Sam and Tucker out of the ghosts' tentacles. You set them back in their chairs and fly back toward the ectopuses as Mr. Fenton turned back around, holding up a thermos, just as one of the ghosts fly behind him. "Sam, Tucker, this is the Fenton Thermos."
Mr. Fenton hands the device to them and turns back toward the lab table. Just before he did, your body was slammed against the opposing wall, the ectopuses and Danny chasing after you.
     "It's supposed to trap ghosts," said Mr. Fenton, "but since it doesn't work yet it's just a thermos. A thermos with the word "Fenton" in front of it."
     Finally, you and Danny had gotten enough hits on the slimy ghosts and they sulked, defeated, back to the portal. The two of you unghost-ifie and land back into your chairs with a 'plop!'
     "And that?" Mr. Fenton pointed to the now closes portal, "That is the Fenton Portal. It releases ghosts into our world whether I want it to or not. And someday, I'll figure out how that works too."
      He turned back to your group, you and Danny panting and Sam and Tucker shaking. "Now, who wants to hunt some ghosts?"
     Mr. Fenton looked all of you over. "You kids, look at you! You're too excited to speak! So I'll just go on speaking. I was born many years ago in a log cabin in the woods. Don't exactly remember where, but I do remember I wanted a pony. Never got the pony. As a matter of fact we had to eat horsemeat during the war. I had a problem with that."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

      "Paulina, I don't understand why your walking me to school. Number one: I'm fifteen, I can take care of myself. Number two: I may be your cousin, but that doesn't mean you have to accompany me everywhere. Number three: Danny, Sam, and Tucker are literally right behind us, and I think they can walk me to school no problem."
     Paulina just rolled her eyes and looked at you. "(Y/N), I have to make sure that you're safe: I can't have you the same way your parents are!"
     This made you look down in sadness and guilt. Of course, she was trying to keep you safe. When you were born, your mother had died while giving birth. After that, your father took good care of you, except that he had a drug addiction problem. One day, 7-year-old you had found his body in the bathtub, bottles of pills surrounding him. Your aunt and uncle took you in, and you lived beside your cousin.
"But... I guess you should have your own life. Go on, be with your friends," Paulina said smiling. You quickly thanked her and ran to your friends.
     "Finally," said Tucker, "I thought she would keep you forever."
    "Shut up."