Chapter 1

I look over to my right, and see my best friend smiling. This is the best moment of my life.

Never had I ever thought that I'd be here right now, in the front row of the concert of my favourite band of all time, Fall Out Boy, with my best friend.

I close my eyes, and listen to the powerful voice of Patrick Stump pumping through the speakers.

I look ahead of me, and have to pinch myself for the tenth time tonight, because I can't believe it. He is right in front of me, the man I've always wanted to meet. The man that has saved me more than he will ever know.

Our eyes meet, and I swear I almost pass out. I can't help myself but beam up at him, and he smiles back at me, with that amazing smile of his.

I can't wait to show my friends the pictures from tonight.

I reach my hand out, as Patrick puts his hand into the crowd. A ton of girls around me scream and reach out. I'm not going to get to touch him but meh, whatever. It's worth a try.

I feel a strong hand grip mine. I look up, it's him. Patrick Stump, is holding my hand. He winks at me, and then lets go before stepping back to the microphone to belt out the chorus to "Alone Together"

Meanwhile, Julia is gazing up at Pete Wentz. She loves him. I can see him looking around, and I hope he sees her: it would make her night, just like Patrick made mine.

He pulls one of the guitar picks off of the microphone stand. He takes the one he was using, and throws it to Julia. She catches it, and holds on to it like she will never let it go.

Too soon, the concert is over, and we have to go home.

We both slide into the front seats of my red Volkswagen Golf.

"Wow." We both say at the same time, and then laugh. That was the best night of my entire life.

"I can't believe my mom let me drive us all the way to Toronto by ourselves." I say.

"I know, I can't believe it either. I also can't believe I got Pete's guitar pick, and Patrick Stump held your hand!" She replies.

"I am never washing this hand again!" I joke.

Julia flicks on the stereo, and puts in my Save Rock And Roll CD. We sing along to the songs we just heard live.

The roads are pretty dead, especially at this time of night.

We are driving down a back road going through the countryside, because the city would be too busy right now.

There are no streetlights out here, and the only light is coming from my high beams, and the faint glow of the city lights in the distance.

Julia is falling asleep in the passenger seat, and I'm fighting off sleep myself.

We are approaching an uphill, and I think, the sooner we get home, the sooner we go to bed.

As my car climbs the hill, I get a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. I look over at Julia, who is sleeping soundly, and when I look back at the road, I'm staring straight into the headlights of an 18-wheeler.

The last thing I say before impact is "Lord save us."

And then everything goes black.