1) The Arrival

My Mum was well known in this small town called Brentworth. She was well known for barring people and kicking them out of bars. She was that really nice mum who was followed by the reputation of strict and scary. She was the manager of Cocktail beach bar in front of the beach. Just across the small road located in front of the bar was the promenade which people walked on along the beach on. That's where they put the fair rides which where due to come today.

As soon as school finished i made my way home, like always, and met up with one of my closest friends, Candise. She was the same height as me with short blonde hair (which was let down), brown eyes and had already changed out of her school uniform into her favourite pair of dark blue jeans with a cream coloured plain hoodie. I had my blonde thick hair in french plaits done by my mum before school with bluey greeny eyes and had changed into black leggings with a grey addidas hoodie. That was my favourite. I practically wore it every where.

The two of us made our 25-30 minute walk into town down to the Cocktail Beach bar to visit my Mum. As soon as
we to got the beach the view was blocked by loads of lorry's, trucks, and caravans parked on the promenade.
"The fair!?" Candise shouted to me as we walked up the steps into the bar.
"I think so" i giggled as we entered the building. Music played lightly in the background with only a few customers. I saw my mum behind the bar and gave her a hug.
"Hey Claire how has work been today?" Candise asked Claire, my Mum, as she sat at the table facing the main bar.
"Tiring and stressful, especially as the fair people are going to come in for a drink before they start to build up the rides again. They always do. I mean they are lovely people but they are going to come in every night" my mum sighed as she stepped back into the bar, resting on the side.
"Has it been busy though throughout the day?" I asked as i took a seat beside Candise
"No actually but yesterday's staff didn't do everything I asked them to do so there jobs where mine today. I don't understand how this staff of ours actually got this job to be honest" Claire explained as we all rolled our eyes
"But look at the positive side, the fairs here which means Summer holidays here, today was our last day at school, the sun's rays are burning hot, and the annual Brentworth lions festival is going to start this week which also means concerts,  fireworks, nights out and of course fair rides!!" I explained followed by a big grin on her face.  I have always stayed positive ever since my dad and brother died in a car crash and my mum was diagnosed with depression. My life flipped then. But my positivity is the only thing keeping my Mum going. We only have each other now.
Before my mum or Candise could answer to what I had said we heard a big group of men and a couple girls walked up the steps into the building, all talking and smiling, a few calling Claires name and greeting her as this is the only bar they go into as it's just across the road so they know her well as they come every year. Candise and i look at each other and laugh out of excitement. The vibes lightened as everyone was drinking and enjoying each other company until someone caught my attention.
"Who do you think is the one stood at the bar with the Malibu shot's?" I asked Candise. There was no need to whisper as everyone was loud send the music was now blasting at this point. The place was packed.
"Hmmm, tall, blonde, maybe around 18 or something, not one to mess with, muscley, veins arms, and very handsome" Candise said rasing her eyebrows at him as she admired him
"I know that babe's" i laughed as i noticed him looking over. I stairs back examining his facial features. I then catch his lips slyly curve into a smirk. That smirk lit something inside of me causing me to smile and blush . I quickly turn my head hoping he didn't see me blush.
"Ooohhh girl!"  Candise said nudging me in the arm with her elbow.
"Shut your big fat mouth you stupid pig" i snapped playfully at Candise.
That smirk changed alot in me that moment.

As soon as it started to get even busier, more staff came in behind the bar. Candise and I decided to quickly notify my mum that we are leaving. As we leave the bar is get this gutted feeling that I want to go back and see that smirk. That face. That boy. That fair boy.