Thyperion's Last Breath

It took another day before the besiegers were able to defeat the besieged. The stiff defences of Nosgrid still inflicted dreadful losses on the Vigardians that they were having a hard time in conducting another campaign against the other kingdoms allied to Nosgrid. The heroic deeds of the people fighting with Thyperion showed how they value Light rather than Darkness; it showed how they valued Peace rather than War and Destruction.

“After this long and arduous battle, the King has finally showed himself up and was right now kneeling on us,” insulted one Vigardian general. This general also wore black armour and carried a huge war mallet as big as his head. This general had killed a lot of Nosgridians using this, and he is also ready to strike down Thyperion with it, had he not been stopped by Demophoon himself.

Demophoon walked right in front of the King. He wore huge and thick armour and it is covered with the hot scales of a dragon which added its thickness and made it more impossible to pierce using a spear, javelin or spear. Swords would also prove difficult to penetrate through the hide. He also has a black cape, as black as coal tar and embroidered on its surface is a human skull to instil terror and horror on those who see it. His helmet looks like a skull of a dragon with its eye socket only open for him to see, and it has two sharp horns protruding at the top of his head. The helmet is heavy enough for a strong man to carry on his head, but Demophoon, through age and power, easily wielded it upon his head.

They are at the Nosgridian hall where Thyperion would usually sit beside his queen and in front of the Council and the people. There used to be glorious banners hanging upon the marbled columns, but right now, the banners were torn and burned down during the attack. The seats where the Council members sit were also being destroyed. The whole place was being destroyed and only falling debris and dead bodies of Nosgridian and Vigardian alike littered the floor. The wide hall was filled with the survivors of the Vigardian army, and two Nosgridian survivors, Thyperion and Themis.

“Think about it, Thyperion. Why not bow down to me and so save yourself and your wife from horrible death which I have prepared if you still stand to refuse my offer,” questioned Demophoon. His fell voice sounded with terror on all those who heard him, except Thyperion and Themis.

Both never yielded. Themis was grievously wounded by a spear on her left abdomen. Miraculously she was still able to stay alive as long as she could. She continued to fight the pain and suffering of terrible blood loss. She couldn’t stop it as both of her weary arms were spread wide and are being held by two Vigardian troops. She is also already trembling and very weary of standing. She just leaned on the two who held her up. Though her body is already broken and tired, she still continued to stay awake and showed to Thyperion that she is not going to give up to Demophoon. And this is what Thyperion did see as he looked in pity for his wife and queen.

“Let her go, Demophoon. She has nothing to do with this. This is our quarrel between you and me. She did not even join at Elyin i Naersted,” pleaded Thyperion. His breath is already cutting off, but he still fought hard to stay awake, despite the weariness and extreme tiredness he has been.

He already lost a lot of blood, and his mortal skin is already becoming very pale. Any moment soon, his blood would completely run out and he will no longer live to see the next day. But he still continued to fight on. He saw his wife still struggling to stay alive with steadfast courage and an unyielding heart. He was grateful that his wife did never leave by his side, and also fought alongside with him despite all the hardships they have been through.

Demophoon smiled and went near Thyperion. Thyperion was brought down by the heavy metal platform that was placed at his back. His arms were being chained on it and his heels were being held fast by a thick rope, as thick as his arm.